Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Help getting an already-requested player set in the registry

Hello ...

A while ago, I put in a request for a Pete Rose player set (back when player sets were just started to ramp up in number). As of today, my request is still listed on the "request" page. The player sets in the registry have grown in number, many with only one set currently entered. What can I do to get PSA to list the set? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Based on 3-4 years of bidding wars, I know that I'm not alone in pursuing a high grade PSA Rose collection. I think that not having arguably the 2nd most collectible baseball player (behind Mantle) in the registry is a big oversight.

Boggs/MS/Others - How did you get your player sets listed so quickly and easily (if it was in fact easy)? Any specific tips (i.e., provide PSA a complete list of cards w/weights, keep badgering them, etc.)?

Thanks,
Robert <joker73>

Comments

• Options
    AlfiewtAlfiewt Posts: 337
    Send BJ (BJ@Collectors.com) the set composition and suggested weights of the cards. Send her an email asking her exactly what she needs, and she'll expain everything. You can look through the other player sets to help you decide wich cards to include. When I sent BJ the compostion for the Don Mattingly player set I tried to only include all of the regular issue cards (no oddball cards or inserts).

I really think that PSA should have two sets for each player, one that only includes the regular cards, and one that is a complete card run that includes all types of cards (even discs and stickers). I think the regular issue sets appeal to more collectors, so they should be listed first, but if there is a collector crazy enough to collect every card of a player, he should also have a chance to list all of his cards. I am very happy with the Don Mattingly player set as it is now as I am not yet crazy enough yet to try and get all 900+ of his cards graded, but 193 cards in manageable.

Good luck with your set!
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Michael Jordan is still on the list as well.

He and Rose should be in the players set - I agree, basic cards only. Otherwise, I have to agree as well - have a master player set and a basic player set.
  • Options
    joker73joker73 Posts: 497
    Thanks for the help - I'll drop her a line and see how I can help expedite the process. I was only thinking about a "regular issue" set since that's what I've been building (~120 cards). Maybe once I reach my goal, I'll go for the complete run image

Thanks again,
    Robert <joker73>
  • Options
    joker73joker73 Posts: 497
    Ok, I've been in touch with BJ, and am working on the list with weights for the Pete Rose set.

My big question now is: What is the best way to determine the appropriate weights? I'd guess that relative scarcity in a high grade would have to be one factor, but if anyone who has done this has suggestions, they would be most welcome!

Thanks,
    Robert <joker73>
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    I believe that the weight only reflects the difficulty in obtaining the card within a set. I don't believe that a difficult grade of a specific card is factored in?

A higher or lower grade will multiply within the set, affecting it severely either way.