Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does the OGP get returned from a submission?

ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK this is a basic question but just curious...I am going to send in my gold mercs for grading in the unopened box. Will the gov't packaging be returned? Just curious really.

Thanks!

K
ANA LM

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've written in, on the form, the request to send back the OGP, and they have, in the past.

I believe they have a minimal charge for doing that now, due to the work to do so and the added shipping cost (weight/size).

So, in short, I believe they still will, but would suggest you call them to get the details around getting it done properly.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can request that they send it back but there is a charge. Call customer service 800 number for details.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure if you send them in within the first 30 days you can take the coins out of the box and OGP and still be eligible for First Strike. You will save a lot of postage and can keep the boxes. Call them to confirm, but I know the boxes are heavy to ship.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Goldminers

I am pretty sure if you send them in within the first 30 days you can take the coins out of the box and OGP and still be eligible for First Strike. You will save a lot of postage and can keep the boxes. Call them to confirm, but I know the boxes are heavy to ship.

Done this.

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...what was said above is crucial advise...if you are looking for FS, all you have to do is get the coins postmarked within the 30-day window to be eligible. If you have the coins in hand before the cutoff then by all means crack em open and check them out. There could be a dog in there and if so then you can return to US Mint. Sending coins in the unopened OGP for FS blind should only be done if the submitter is sending after cutoff...IMHO

Good Luck either way image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As 3keepSECRET said........

If within the first 30 days for FS, send the coin in the Mint capsule only. Make a note on the sub. form to return the capsule....PCGS will send back for free.

I would never take the coin out of the capsule before I sent to PCGS. JMHO.

• ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so I sent them in....I called and confirmed that I could send them in the capsules. I did put them in 2X2 flips although it seemed sort of useless. We'll see what happens! Thanks for the advice...

K
    ANA LM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file