Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone see the huge lots of raw Rc's on eBay?

Anyone see the eBay seller with 282 Gwynn topps Rc's and huge lots of Ripken, Sandberg, Yount, Fisk etc....... Anyone dealt with this seller before?

Comments

• Options
    Pretty much takes the woodie out of owning any sealed unopened 1983 Topps Baseball boxes. UGH,

Well, this is actually the reality of it all isn't it...
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked all of his auctions, if these are all high grade he is an idiot to not submit the best of all of them. Unless there are none that qualify as PSA 10s.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    So much for trickling them out.
    Back into collecting after a 10 yr layoff.

Always looking for 1970-1990 Football/Baseball

-Boxes

-Cases

-BBCE

-FASC
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Can someone please link the seller?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: rexvos

I checked all of his auctions, if these are all high grade he is an idiot to not submit the best of all of them. Unless there are none that qualify as PSA 10s.

I don't see many cards in the scans that would grade Mint, let alone Gem Mint. Listing says cards range in grade from NM to Mint. I would expect most in NM-MT range.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Quite an impressive group of cards in his recently sold list too.

75% of the 52 low # set sold for a paltry $1578??

85% of the 53 set for $817??

Paging through his sold list (1628 items) is like being 16 years old again and up late watching Cinemax - incredible eye candy.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    Wow! That is crazy and also really cool to see. But its also the reason why I think collectors are wasting their money collecting 80's wax boxes. This is just one guys cards so imagine all the rest thats out there. A 1986 wax box of Topps cost only like $30 or 82 Donruss sealed (which includes the Ripken rookie) cost $100. $100 for a 25 year old wax box. I would rather put my money elsewhere.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This illustrates the sheer quantity of 80's cards out there. I would hesitate to invest too much money in 80's unopened. I also don't think you will get any 10's out of these lots. They are just fanned out there without card savers. There will be edge/corner wear.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

I'm completely sure this has already been done. The seller has sold graded cards before.
    This is like buying cards from NESC
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: billwaltonsbeard

I'm completely sure this has already been done. The seller has sold graded cards before.
    This is like buying cards from NESC

Yep. Would not touch
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    i suspect these lots are consigned and leftover from some big submitters/buyers over the last few years who bought up tons of sets, wax, vending cases from the 80s and 70s (as you can see he also has stacks of every big 70 rookies from 71 to 79) when prices were cheaper to open and submit for grading These are likely the leftovers from going through and submitting the possible 8s 9s and 10s from the 70s rookies and the possible 9s and 10s from the 80s cards. It wasnt too long ago that unopened prices were cheap enough to be able to open and submit and actually come out ahead.

Perhaps there is a goldmine of high grade cards in those stacks and I am wrong, but I highly doubt a seller (or more likely his consigner) who in the past has sold tons of graded cards wouldnt have gone through these to cherry pick the gradeable ones.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I would seriously doubt there is anything there hat would grade above an 8.

With the cost of grading you would break even at best.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    This is one of those cases with grading being so huge that no one wants a large group of cards that may not be grade able or if they are then they are in the 5-7 range maybe. I like the thought of getting a hoard of some of these Rc's at a low price since graders don't want them
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: VintagemanEd
    This is one of those cases with grading being so huge that no one wants a large group of cards that may not be grade able or if they are then they are in the 5-7 range maybe. I like the thought of getting a hoard of some of these Rc's at a low price since graders don't want them

Agreed.....I love buying nice looking raw RCs.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to take a shot at lots like that 30 yrs ago.

Now? Probably wouldn't.
    Mike
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    They would make some awfully good-looking raw sets, anyway
  • Options
    There's not even an 8 among them.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in 1985 and 1986 i would order star cards in lots, like 1986 topps boggs 10 for $2.50 or whatever. The person i was buying them from was also selling these same cards in 1,000 card lots, 5,000 card lots. That was just from 1 dealer. Fritsch probably has this type of inventory going back to 1978.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One would assume that the best condition card would be placed on top of the pile, to prime the viewing interest pump.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".