Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1957 Eddie Mathews SCD 9 Crossover?

Hey guys,

I have an Ed Mathews SCD 9 in the red flip. I bought it a few years back with the idea of trying to cross it over. I've been out of the game for a few years and am no longer a PSA member. Thinking about trying to get a crossover, but unsure how I should submit. Should I submit in the case? Crack and submit?

The other issue would be the membership. I know there used to be group submissions on here to try to take advantage of monthly deals. Anyway, just wondering how you guys would proceed.

Travis
Trying to complete:
2000 Bowman Chrome
2002 Topps Heritage NAP
2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's a minimum grade you couldn't live without, in the case is usually recommended and then a crossover submission. Since an SCD flip would add nothing to the value these days (and probably introduce a negative bias), I would crack and submit raw. It shouldn't be too tough to find someone to piggyback the one card on a sub if you don't have volume to make a membership worth it. Scans of the card might help determine which service level to submit it at. If it's possible to come back a PSA7 (~$80), the monthly special should work. If it's a lock PSA8 (~$300) or higher, a higher service level would be required.
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Thanks guys! I'm going to be sure to measure before I do anything. That came to mind last night when I was cleaning out my office and came across two cards that measured short that I pulled out of packs. 18 of the cards came back graded and 2 came back trimmed. Rather odd.
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to be a PSA member to submit cards.

James
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Did SCD have subgrades on vintage cards? If yes, what are the subgrades? I had a few SCD cards and all of them crossed or bumped with a higher grade.
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Thanks James! I'll read up.

Subrades were centering 9, corners/edges 9, surface 8.
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP