Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

And Yet Another Odd EBay Scenario

As many of you know,perhaps because I had posted it on the BST,I've delved into the eBay store world if for only a 2 week trial.With my eclectic inventory,sales were expected to be pretty good as I have pretty much a little bit(or a lot) of everything up there.And,in fact,sales have exceeded my expectations(and my trial period still has a couple of days left).BUT....as usual,I have a story to share...........a person/dealer/vest-pocketer/whatever has bought one of my items......this is usually a good thing as most would agree.However,the person whom made the buy is an eBay dealer who has blocked me! I have been blocked for years(ever since I returned an item to him several years ago-and the funny thing about that is how this seller touts his liberal return policy).As many here actually know me personally,I can state for those who don't,I can be somewhat easy going and remarkably easy/flexible to deal/work with as evidenced by my longevity,long list of friends and success in this arena.I have contacted this buyer and pointed out to him this odd scenario and asked him why I'm blocked.....so far,no reply.Make no mistake here folks,I've tried several times in several creative ways over the years(and many times recently prior to this eBay buy) to speak/email/pow-wow with this seller,but he never replies(but for once that was related to something other than the bay and his response was that he would get back to me but he never did).I could name this seller/person but I see no reason to as I'm not trying to stir up the pot in such a fashion(especially because I know he's here on this board)....I'm trying to straighten out this odd situation.I ask you folks out there.....anyone else ever have a person block you on the bay yet still feel the need to buy your stuff?
Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

Comments

• Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Short answer NO. Wish you success in resolving this.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    People are nuts. This is one of life's absolute truths.

...he may just have an unwritten rule that anyone who returns an eBay item gets blocked.
  • Options
    Never had that happen... Usually if someone blocks me, than I block them just on the matter of principal.

I did have an unusual story as well recently. A person bought a $11 note from me then did a chargeback through Paypal on me. Of course Paypal immediately yanked the money out of my account and I'm stuck fighting it. But, short story is after about 45 days, Paypal actually sided with me - the seller. And gave me my money back. I really expected to lose it as Paypal heavily favors the buyer. Plus it's $11 so it's not going to kill me. And I know for sure this guy is up to no good as I sent him a message through Ebay and said if he wanted to return the item for a refund, no questions asked, just send me the note back. And of course no reply from him at all. So blocked.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    There are two sides to every story. Let's remember that before we assume that people are nuts. With that being said I've been blocked, others that I know have been blocked. It happens. Who cares. There are plenty of other sellers out there to buy from.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    OK, I'll unblock you.

image Just kidding. Wasn't me, but now you've got everyone curious! Hope it turns out ok.
  • Options
    Happened to me once. I returned a note (less than $20) that was definitely NOT as advertised so I went through the eBay return process. Next time I tried to bid on one of his notes I received the "seller not accepting...". So I sent email. He responded that I had NOT paid for the note. Long story short -- he still has me blocked. Oh well.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    I have never been blocked on eBay, but have blocked two people, many many years ago (2006 / 2007).

When eBay went up on their fees, and required Paypal, I stopped selling there. I only buy from eBay if there is something exceptional I am looking for.
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Jim61
    Wow. Short answer NO. Wish you success in resolving this.

+1
    If a dealer is buying it, you're selling below retail.
    Then again, feedback is a ruse to stroke people's ego and keep them on ebay - RARELY do buyers look at feedback before bidding because they're mostly 100%. and how does that happen? Remember, feedback is not an accurate assessment of a seller.
    Ebay will wash negative feedback by the receiver simply calling them to complain about it.
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: synchr

RARELY do buyers look at feedback before bidding because they're mostly 100%. and how does that happen?

Absolutely. The feedback system is a joke. There are many horrible sellers out there that have 100% feedback. Because many people are afraid to leave negatives no matter what.

• Options
    Originally posted by: larry510

Originally posted by: synchr

RARELY do buyers look at feedback before bidding because they're mostly 100%. and how does that happen?

Absolutely. The feedback system is a joke. There are many horrible sellers out there that have 100% feedback. Because many people are afraid to leave negatives no matter what.

+1, I rarely look as well. Feedback is useless anymore.

Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Back in the early days of eBay, the feedback system was very useful.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061