Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My hobby

Let me tell you about myself,I'm retired after 39 years carry mail in Illinois and Florida and who knows that I might have carried a 1952 topps Mickey Mantle back then :-( Ha I never opened anybody's mail I could have lose my job and I never will be able to collect cards! I've been collecting since 1988 and my first baseball set was 1988 topps baseball for 25 dollars,yikes it's now sells for 5. Oh well live and learn. I live in Woodstock,il not New York and slowing start building a 1964 psa 8 baseball,1961 psa 8 fleer football and psa 8 1970-71 topps basketball. I love those sets. I'm also collecting raw baseball from 1959-69,1960-69 football and 1969-76 basketball. It's alot of fun hunting them down at shops and in the internet. It's nice to hears story on the thread and could learn some valuable lessons on grading cards and had some good and bad results from the PSA peoples,they don't always agree with me ha.

4 ever orioles

John (Johnny Hajduk)

Oh one more thing I will be going to the PSA show in Rosemont, Il on May 14th or 15th, let me know who's going.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Johnny

I just retired myself - I retired from the Army and then finally from the private sector.

First, I wish you all the best with your sets - that's keep ya pretty busy.

If you plan on going to the National - you'll meet all kinds of people at the BBCEx booth; they hang out there pretty much all the time during the convention.

Take care buddy.

Mike
  • Options
    Hi Johnny, always nice to hear from fellow collectors. I just retired from the Marine Corps as well. 21 years of traveling and am looking forward to staying in one spot and not moving my family or collection around anymore. My first set was 1980 topps as a kid and I was born and raised in Baltimore! So we share a love for the birds!
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Welcome from Lake Geneva area. I grew up in the Crsytal Lake/Woodstock area and have collected for years. Good luck in your collecting pursuits.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Welcome Johnny. Looking forward to seeing some of your collection.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards. Wish you much success in your collecting pursuits.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    I don't think I'll be going to New Jersey,I have other plans for that week but sure will go to the 2017 convention in Chicago,hope to see you there.

4everorioles
  • Options
    Yea it's tough to be an Orioles fan in Woodstock,il but still love them birds, the Sox are in bird land this weekend,hope to sweep them!

4everorioles
  • Options
    Wow,my wife and I loves Lake Geneva,I have a 18 footer century inboard boat and we go on the lake during the week (can't do it on the weekends) not enough parking for my boat unless I get up early in the morning :-( And yea I love to neet you someday and talk about cards and stuff.

Nice knowing you,

4everorioles