Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Kershaw's RC?

For the purpose of Future HOF RC set registry, which of Kershaw's rookie cards do you think will be chosen? I have never been able to figure out how that is chosen. Of course, I am assuming Kershaw's career will continue at the same high level for a while.

Comments

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 2008 Update and Highlights the best, you can also consider 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
    Here are pics of both

My favorite of his rookies is the Heritage but I think one of the other 2 would be better

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    Per PSA rules, the card that is chosen would have to be a non-auto, non-parallel issue of at least 999. I don't know what that narrows down the candidates to, but whichever is the most valuable of that lot would be selected - regardless of aesthetics.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • CocoaBeachDodgersCocoaBeachDodgers Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    So why wouldn't the 2005 U D or the 2007 Bowman Chrome BDPP77 be selected over the 2008 cards? On the 2005 U D he is in the USA jersey but so was Mcgwire on his 1985 card, and it was chosen for him?
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    One thing is that Beckett has to recognize the card as a true RC.

If not then PSA will not.
    McGwire aside most USA team cad are not considered. Many "prospect" card are not.

A good sign is if he card itself has RC on it. Top right on the Kershaw card for instance.

I have problems with all this stuff myself.

My new favorite player is Posey. He has prospect cards and a Topps chrome redemption
    as well as a Bowman chromes.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    So why wouldn't the 2005 U D or the 2007 Bowman Chrome BDPP77 be selected over the 2008 cards? On the 2005 U D he is in the USA jersey but so was Mcgwire on his 1985 card, and it was chosen for him?

I completely agree with this, and there is precedent with the '85 McGwire, but Beckett recognizes Kershaw's '05 UD card as an XRC and PSA goes by Beckett's standards. I wish there was wiggle room in situations like this, but apparently there's not.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: rexvos

Here are pics of both

My favorite of his rookies is the Heritage but I think one of the other 2 would be better

This card of Clayton shows a good resemblance to another Dodger-Orel Herscheiser.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Xtrain000Xtrain000 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    What about the 2006 Bowman Heritage Kershaw. Its his first card in a Dodgers Uniform and pre dates the 2007 and 2008 cards.
    Originally posted by: Xtrain000
    What about the 2006 Bowman Heritage Kershaw. Its his first card in a Dodgers Uniform and pre dates the 2007 and 2008 cards.

Not a recognized RC but a pre rookie and in my opinion a terrible looking card