Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps Vault Listing

1979/80 or 1981/82?

Coming "directly" from the Topps Vault, you'd think they'd at least get the year right. Haha.

Comments

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    While we are at it, I would also expect their feedback to be a bit better too.

I guess a traditional brick and mortar wholesaler doesn't always translate well to e-commerce.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Yeah, only 99.8%. Hanging by a thread.
  • Options
    Point well taken on the 99.8 - although reading the 19 neutrals and the 13 negatives from months 6-12 kind of made me wonder about the growing pains they went through.

They have obviously righted the ship = good for them and their customers.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been buying from them since 2004.

I've picked up incredible stuff over that time and when I have a customer complaint?

It's immediately addressed.
    Mike
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dragnet
    1979/80 or 1981/82?

Coming "directly" from the Topps Vault, you'd think they'd at least get the year right. Haha.

PSA does not always get the year correct too:

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: flcardtrader

While we are at it, I would also expect their feedback to be a bit better too.

I guess a traditional brick and mortar wholesaler doesn't always translate well to e-commerce.

I've had probably close to 100 purchases with T.V. over the years and have added some fantastic items to my collection.

In looking at their neu./neg. feedback, it appears that the majority of those were related to when they had a huge outgoing shipment stolen last Fall. Unfortunately, one of my purchases was stolen in that and to their credit, they notified me propmptly and refunded my money immediately...

No compalints here...

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Ironmanfan
    In looking at their neu./neg. feedback, it appears that the majority of those were related to when they had a huge outgoing shipment stolen last Fall. Unfortunately, one of my purchases was stolen in that and to their credit, they notified me promptly and refunded my money immediately...

No compalints here...

Ditto
  • Options
    That would explain it....I read the "stolen" comments and couldn't help being cynical.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stone193

I've picked up incredible stuff over that time and when I have a customer complaint?

Wish I could say the same thing mike--I won probably close to 30 of their 1958 baseball final card negatives on ebay from between 2007-2013; per their claim, supposedly these are only 1 of 1's ie only one final negative is supposed to exist for each card. However, I'm not so sure that this claim they make is the truth as sometime around 2010 or 2011 they listed a Willie Kirkland final card negative--only problem is that my friend bought a psa authenticated one at the national in 2006. One of one?!?!?! I beg to differ. After sending no less than three emails (which all were ignored) to their "customer service" (or lack thereof) department inquiring how this could be possible if only one existed for each card I gave up--customer service my arse!!! Yes, they have lots of great unique stuff but I don't trust the authenticity of a lot of it and i'm sure they have interns working many a late night standing at the copier turning "1 of 1"'s into more than 1'simage

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    David, were those '58s "mask negatives"? If so, maybe they were color-specific negatives? I've got a couple of those types. Or were they the final 4-color masks?
  • Options
    Hi Geordie and thanks for your post/reply--they are actually really transparencies although they call them final card negatives. They are the actual photos used for the cards--they're full color and are the actual image used for the finished product of the card itself. I'm sure Anthony could speak to this as well since he is the resident photog/photography expert of the boards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mikelowell25

However, I'm not so sure that this claim they make is the truth as sometime around 2010 or 2011 they listed a Willie Kirkland final card negative--only problem is that my friend bought a psa authenticated one at the national in 2006. One of one?!?!?!

I don't recall ever seeing a PSA Authenticated Final Card Negative

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Ironmanfan

However, I'm not so sure that this claim they make is the truth as sometime around 2010 or 2011 they listed a Willie Kirkland final card negative--only problem is that my friend bought a psa authenticated one at the national in 2006. One of one?!?!?!

I don't recall ever seeing a PSA Authenticated Final Card Negative

IMF

I've got three of them that I picked up at the national in 06 when my friend got his; the guy we bought them from had probably close to 100 of them ranging from commons to hall of famers to the combo cards like the mantle-aaron; I believe he won the lot in the guernsey's topps auction in '89 and submitted them all to psa; every one he had was encapsulated.

Would be happy to send you pics of them so if you would like to see them please pm me your email address.

• Options
    Thanks for the offer; can you post the scans to the board so others could see?

IMF
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish I could say the same thing mike--I won probably close to 30 of their 1958 baseball final card negatives on ebay from between 2007-2013; per their claim, supposedly these are only 1 of 1's ie only one final negative is supposed to exist for each card. However, I'm not so sure that this claim they make is the truth as sometime around 2010 or 2011 they listed a Willie Kirkland final card negative--only problem is that my friend bought a psa authenticated one at the national in 2006. One of one?!?!?! I beg to differ. After sending no less than three emails (which all were ignored) to their "customer service" (or lack thereof) department inquiring how this could be possible if only one existed for each card I gave up--customer service my arse!!! Yes, they have lots of great unique stuff but I don't trust the authenticity of a lot of it and i'm sure they have interns working many a late night standing at the copier turning "1 of 1"'s into more than 1'simage

Hiya David

How ya doin?

Been doing good here - working on the lawn, 3 mile walks in the AM - sorting my collection is one of the biggies.

I do worry about their 1/1 claim. I've never challenged them on something like that.

Would be nice to hear from someone. If your investment is large on 30 "finals" - I would get a phone number on that one buddy.

I - personally - have not had a rub with TTV.

Mike
  • Options

Hiya David

How ya doin?

Been doing good here - working on the lawn, 3 mile walks in the AM - sorting my collection is one of the biggies.

I do worry about their 1/1 claim. I've never challenged them on something like that.

Would be nice to hear from someone. If your investment is large on 30 "finals" - I would get a phone number on that one buddy.

I - personally - have not had a rub with TTV.

IMF, I will take pics of them later today and email them to my buddy stone for him to post them for me. I looked at them again yesterday for the first time in a few years and the flip doesn't even say "AUTHENTIC"; it merely says:

1958 TOPPS BASEBALL NEGATIVE

TOPPS ARCHIVES AUCTION

PLAYER NAME

So its sort of the same type of flip that someone would get if they sent a card of one of their kids to be holdered. But still a cool piece nonetheless because it's in the holder!image

Stone, everything is great--thanks for asking! I actually did get ahold of their phone number from either the paypal transaction or one of their shipping boxes and if I recall I called them a couple of times and left longwinded messages referring to the emails I had previously sent but never received a callback so I gave up after that. Figured it wasn't worth any more time or effort but also their ignoring me made me think they were trying to hide something because if they had nothing to hide I would think someone wouldve at least replied to one of my emails or returned one of my calls. I didn't spend a ton of money on them: IIRC I won each of them for around $20-100 apiece so it wasn't like I spent a lot of money on them.