Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Anyone know if there are any Dealers that will/do .....,

Consign lets say , decent Large or Small "type" notes (nothing over a value of $500.00) and still be enough room to make any decent money ?? Just a thought , question , and/or discussion .

Looking for Atlanta $1-$20 Series 1928-present + Stars , Raw or Graded !! &
FR-1509 ,FR-1509*,FR-1510,FR-1510*,FR-1511*,FR-1512*,FR-1514*
in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS
Check out - BrettEldredge.com !! Hometown Singer

Comments

• how many notes?
  • mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Guess I'm confused? Is it consign to or from a dealer? And then, as Greg asked, how many notes? I mean, I do consignments all the time for collectors and dealers. They are the ones who either don't have the time, patience, or know how to do online activity. Makes life a bit easier for them and a buck or two for me, easy.
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Not sure exactly guys , just trying to see if it would even be worth the time . Greg "Maxcrusha" - 10 notes or less , Mainejoe - from a dealer . Just didn't know if any dealers done this , other than dealer friends whom may swap/exchange out inventory from time to time . Just curious as to if any cash to be made , also to create access to notes one might potentially need and/or want for their own collection and most importantly open up new avenues for consigning dealer and collectors who can't find a note that they may have been looking for .

in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Got ya now. You are looking for an outlet to potentially make a buck or two, on consignment. It is in general what I do. I do buy and sell, but also have dealers and private collectors that are willing to deal with me to sell for them. I will say it is a close relationship that is established, and trust is the key with most. But it is a possible avenue, speaking for myself as an example. Has taken years of friendship and dealing to develop it this way. Not to mention that the road to making a fair buck at it isn't a quick one. I started years ago accepting that if I made $50-$100 a month, it was fine. Now I accept that if the margin isn't at the 10X that mark weekly, I'm not doing it right. As a collector I'm sure you understand that a good cash flow is a must, and trust is a huge key. PM me if you want more specifics or advice, maybe I can help.
  • HeywoodHeywood Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    Not to hijack the thread, but it is in the same vain.

I am moving and need to drastically thin out the herd. (quickly)

Notes mostly in the $50-$200 range (1500-1800 notes)

Mostly e-bay type materiel, or Heritage weekly candidates.

I don't have the time, so I was going to consign the whole lot to Heritage.

I did consign a bunch of coins a while back to a Coin thread guy, who did a nice job, but he left or was bammed (Russ).

A witty saying proves nothing- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Heywood

Not to hijack the thread, but it is in the same vain.

I am moving and need to drastically thin out the herd. (quickly)

Notes mostly in the $50-$200 range (1500-1800 notes)

Mostly e-bay type materiel, or Heritage weekly candidates.

I don't have the time, so I was going to consign the whole lot to Heritage.

I did consign a bunch of coins a while back to a Coin thread guy, who did a nice job, but he left or was bammed (Russ).

Heywood , we have dealt before and if you have a few notes you wouldnt mind giving me a shot at please pm me sir .

in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS