Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I Was Getting Lonely Over in the Merc Varieties Set....

CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
so I had BJ move me over to the basic set; that's where the action is! I can't really compete with the sets that have the varieties in MS66FB, so it seemed like the reasonable thing to do. It put me at #5 in the basic set, but I don't expect to remain that high for long. Apologies to Al, Mark, Don, Pat, & Steve for bumping you.

I've got some upgrades coming soon, but no additions in sight. Pickings have been slim on e-Bay and Teletrade lately. Maybe a show I'm going to in July will yield some Merc's.

Jim

My Merc Set
Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!

Comments

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimage No Up-Dates Today. Spooly made BJ Hate Me !!!
      More Flowers are in Order.
        BJ:
          Flowers for You !!
          1. izzy452izzy452 Posts: 929
            Gee Ken,
            Sure are a lot of flowers for BJ. You must have really made her angry.Where you gettin the pics from?
            The Burpy Seed Catalogue image

Walt

GO WINGS !!!!!
          2. FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
            Walt:
              My Back Yard. Oregon Is Not a Waste Land like Spooly's section of Texas. image
                And More to Come to get into the Good Grace with BJ.image
                  Ken
                1. izzy452izzy452 Posts: 929
                  Those flowers do look nice Ken. image You must have a great camera.

Walt
                2. Welcome over Jim,
                  No appology necessary. Always willin' to take a step back for a finer set! image
                  I did the same thing, as I don't ever think that I'll obtain the overdates. image
                  I'll have enough trouble completing the basic set! image
                  Though I know that I can never compete with the big boys, I thought that I'd leave it in the varieties catagoy also, since I do have the micro "S". I think that anyone playing in the "major league" sets should at least be able to top my "basic + micro" set. LOL image
                  I know that this has been discussed before, but I (and PCGS) see nothing wrong with this.
                  The registry is just a game(though a fun one that helps you concentrate on your set). This is how I feel, and I'm not really in competition with anyone but myself. To me, the varieties catagory will always be the basic + three bonus coins. Didn't some other quattroface (Spooly) say that before? image
                  I, myself, would welcome all the "varieties" members over to the "basics"!
                  Hey, if their sets are better, who's foolin' whom? image

Regards,

Don

Winged Liberties of any variety, and
                  FULL Heads RULE!
                3. I'm over in the varieties because of luck. I just so happened to get my hands on the overdates as raw coins for good deals. Then I decided to send them in for grading to try my luck. One came back as expected and the other came back a full grade higher. Not exactly high grade stuff, but I have them. The same with my 16D. Got it raw at a real good price, sent it in and it came back as expected. Can't get much lower grade than mine (AG03), but I have one and love it. image

This registry is fun competition. Not highly competitive, just friendly competitive. And with some GREAT folks involved. I love you guys and your wit and humor! Keep it up guys. image
                  currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
                  Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
                  Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
                  Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
                  Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
                4. FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
                  2Lab:
                    Flowers for You Also.
                        I know these are not Fresh but I Ran Out of Picture Space.image
                      1. Thanks for the flowers, Ken. They look real pretty next to the roses my folks just sent me for my birthday. image
                        currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
                        Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
                        Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
                        Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
                        Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
                      2. PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
                        I still dropping and soon i will be back at my old spot, #17 OH well I tried

Pat
                        Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211