Home Q & A Forum
Options

1922 No D Wheat Penny

JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
Hi all

The amazing hoard of coins I inherited has yielded another interesting find.

I could use your opinion on weather this is the 1922 No D strong reverse penny or not.

Thank you

1922 No D Obverse

1922 No D Obverse Date Detail

1922 no D Reverse

Comments

• Options
    deefree49deefree49 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    I am not an "expert" and my opinion is not professional. In my amateur opinion, this looks like it could be genuine but it has environmental damage and I don't think one of the major third party graders would assign a grade to it. They might put it in a "genuine" holder but label it "ungradeable".

From what I know about the 1922 no D cent, yours does seem to have the proper diagnostics with the lettering anomalies and the incomplete front lower edge of Lincoln's coat. Unfortunately, some of the damage is on the date area which also would make certification problematic.

It is still a fun find and as I said, my opinion is completely amateur status. If I were you, I would seek some more opinions. Good Luck!

By the way, any news on your overdate quarter yet?
    Lincoln coin lover, especially Matte Proofs
  • Options
    JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I am looking into having the coin restored before I send it in to be graded. I think the "damage" on the coin is just superficial glue or some other substance. The overdate quarter is at PCGS now being graded, I hopefully will have it back next week.

• Options

Hey guys, I am by no means a seasoned coin collector, but my mom was going thru some of my granddad's coin collection and found a 1922 Wheat penny with what looks to be without a D marking. Just wanted to get some professional opinions. Thanks!