Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I made a Showcase virtual album - half full box of 20

clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have always admired these albums as a really cool feature, and finally completed one of my own. The set will be added to as I get coins back from grading.

The box of 20 is only half full.. or is it half empty? As a side note, 6 out of the 10 were bought raw.

Album link
MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! No risk of slide marks either image
  • Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice box of 20 so far.
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it! That 1936 year set you have in progress has killer coins and I would be happy with every single one of them. As an aside, I have also built two of these sets, but haven't published either of them for public viewing. My Bo20 is similarly only partially filled because I have never thought I had twenty coins "worthy" of the project.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins. I admit that I am partial to the 1913 proof nickel simply because I like proof buffaloes!

If you don't mind answering, which ones did you buy raw?
    Mark

• Options
    Originally posted by: TomB
    I love it! That 1936 year set you have in progress has killer coins and I would be happy with every single one of them. As an aside, I have also built two of these sets, but haven't published either of them for public viewing. My Bo20 is similarly only partially filled because I have never thought I had twenty coins "worthy" of the project.

I have some others that could go in this set, but they are either waiting in line at the slabfest, or in NGC holders. Probably not 20 though, I don't even own 20 slabbed coins.

The 1936 coins all came out of the same plastic holder set, and presumably were in the same album. The lincoln was just "OK" and the buffalo was not toned very much, and had a huge spot right on his nose.

The walker looks a bit better than a 65 at least to me, it may see another trip in eventually.

Originally posted by: Mark
    Nice coins. I admit that I am partial to the 1913 proof nickel simply because I like proof buffaloes!

Mark, All but the 1936-D buffalo, (rattler) 1917 type 2 quarter, 28 saint, and 39 walker were bought raw.
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark, All but the 1936-D buffalo, (rattler) 1917 type 2 quarter, 28 saint, and 39 walker were bought raw.

That's quite the eye you have there on raw coins, and the album is cool!
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I'd really like to do one of those albums myself... one of these days
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto what Wabbit2313 said!
    Mark

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great. Love the Showcase section of the Registry. Lots of possibilities.
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lookin good CB. I think walkers are very over looked. Glad someone likes them as much as me.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet looking group of coins, and very nicely displayed too!!!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Originally posted by: LindeDad
    Finally got around to doing one. http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...m.aspx?showcaseid=2532

Very nice!

Here is the "public" link for you, the above is the link which requires your login info.

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...m.aspx?showcaseid=2532
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that 20 gold.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed. Very nice, well done. Yes, you do have a great eye my friend. No question about it. image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file