Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1955 Clemente pulled from wax or cello pack...

A few months ago possibly last year...someone pulled a Clemente RC from a wax pack or cello pack. Also...two off-centered Willie Mays were pulled. I might have missed it...what grade the Clemente receive? The Clemente was well centered...and had good eye appeal except for extraneous black ink extending from the nameplate to his autograph.
mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    They all graded 6's. I expected both Mays cards to come back 8 or 9OC, but wasn't too shocked by the grades. I felt (and still feel) that the Clemente deserved a 7. The card was sold months ago, however, so it will be up to the current owner to decide if he wants to send for a review at some point.
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragnet...

Thx 4 the info. I agree w/u that card should have been a 7 despite the print defect. There is a 7 on PWCC right now with that same PD...and it is in a 7 holder...and PWCC is calling it high end.

Minty
    mint_only_pls
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    Didn't know that, thanks Minty. Just looked at it and I think the one I pulled compares very favorably to that one!
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In make few experiences lately, I have noticed that PSA has gone away from listing the OC designation as much and just grading the card, ala Beckett. I sent in quite a few old cards knowingly off-centered in hopes of getting some 8oc and 9oc, I got a bunch of 5 's or 6's.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!