Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submission Option

When you have a card(s) you can't wait to get graded do you ever sub at a higher level to get it back quickly? If you have were you happy with the results? I am afraid that the grader of death grades all of these quick turn around subs and thus you don't get the grades you are hoping for. Thanks in advance for any comments!

Comments

• Options
    I just sent in a a 1954 Topps #1 Williams on a 2 day express and had a minimum grade of 7 on it cause I believed that strongly that it was at least that maybe a 7.5 and it was recieved and logged in the same day and graded the next with great results ( it got a 7 ). In short I've used the 2 day grading service around 4 times and each time i was at least pleased by the service. I would only do it for higher valued cards though. Hope you get the grades your hoping for
  • Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭
    It makes no difference.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: ElvisP
    I am afraid that the grader of death grades all of these quick turn around subs and thus you don't get the grades you are hoping for. Thanks in advance for any comments!

Based on what?

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TheMick6
    I just sent in a a 1954 Topps #1 Williams on a 2 day express and had a minimum grade of 7 on it cause I believed that strongly that it was at least that maybe a 7.5 and it was recieved and logged in the same day and graded the next with great results ( it got a 7 ). In short I've used the 2 day grading service around 4 times and each time i was at least pleased by the service. I would only do it for higher valued cards though. Hope you get the grades your hoping for

Thanks TM6. I just pulled this card from a pack last night. Do you think I would be safe in asking for a minimum of 8 on this card. Sorry for the picture. I don't have a scanner.

• Options
    I'm not seeing the pic, what kind of card is it? Like I said I have used that service a few times twice for crossing over and twice for grading each time I ask for them to only grade or cross if they can do my minimum but I usually won't don't this unless I'm positive on the grade ( in my own head that is ). I had that Williams under every kind of light, measured it against other graded 54's and raw ones, alone etc. Used three differnt levels of magnification lol the works. If your worried about them not grading the card on its own merits I wouldn't worry if it's worthy of the grade you want you'll get it. On my crossover's I had one submission with a 54 Aaron, Banks, Mays and Williams #250. All SGC 84's I asked for 7's minimum back and three crossed. The big boy came back MG no big deal it was sharp I sold it as is and got a PSA 7 later. Point being each time I was honest with myself on the grade I thought it was at a minimum if I had any doubts on a card I wouldn't use the express I'd wait for a renewal sub or something like that PSA is usually pretty quick with those.
  • Options
    It's a '72 Dr. J rookie. I think I will submit it without asking for the minimum. Never can get the pictures to load. I am using photo bucket but guess I am still doing something wrong. Thanks again TM6.

• Options
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: ElvisP
    http://s1066.photobucket.com/u...wc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Hey I think it finally worked!! image

The link works, but if you go to right of that page and grab the link from the IMG box and paste it here you can get the pic right in your message

• Options
    Sweet card! Good luck on it hope you get that 8 at least.
  • Options
    Thanks much!