Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Has anyone ever put a note on a card they submitted for review?

I submitted half of the 1938 Churchman Boxing Personalities set to PSA. I know it is tough to get high grades on a vintage set like that but I really felt most cards looked PSA 9 or even better. Half came back as 8's with several 7's and 3 9's. i wouldn't be as confused if one of the 9's was simply used to fill out my 25 card order. I felt that one would get a 7 at best. So, now I am wondering about all of these 8's. I am thinking of sending in the best of these for a review and was wondering if anyone has ever put a note like "all 4 corners are perfect front and back and the centering is dead even, so how does this card not get at least the .5 bump?

If anyone has done this and to what avail, I would be interested. Thanks, Tom

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect any notes accompanying a submission would be discarded before the cards are handled by the graders. That is the way it should be, as all cards are supposed to be graded blindly. If you are choosing to submit cards to PSA, you should be trusting their ability to grade correctly and fairly. I would also think that PSA realizes that any review submission is being submitted because the submitter feels the cards are worthy of a bump, in any case.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭
    It'd be like marking your package "fragile" in 25 places. Likely ignored, but, if anything, counterproductive.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    You should post a few scans here and see what everyone else thinks.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried this in the past, but the cards always came back with "MK" qualifiers. image
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Notes don't work, but unless you're subbing brand new cards with razor sharp corners I think you'll have better overall results breaking your sub into smaller ones.
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: bobmoat
    It'd be like marking your package "fragile" in 25 places. Likely ignored, but, if anything, counterproductive.

what he said.