Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Topps Mini - Submission question

I have a raw 1985 Topps mini that I want to submit. In looking at the pop report and cards up for sale on eBay, it seems like PSA either doesn't acknowledge the differences between the blank back and the green back or only grades the green back. Can someone clarify whether when submitting, I would specify "blank back" in the description or not?

Comments

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to submit blank backs, but they always get returned ungraded. I have, however, submitted green backs (with stats, of course), and those receive a numerical grade every time.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I avoid graded cards as much as possible. There are actually 2 different kinds of blank back...tannish and whitish. There are also red only as opposed to red and green printed backs....and there are messed up backs too image

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    So bishop's got a Nolan that has the "Blank Back" designation, but stevegarveyfan keeps getting his rejected... Was there a point at which they stopped grading these? Or stopped putting the blank back designation? Or does bishop know a guy who knows a guy?

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I know Bob, but that has never been a big advantage
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to grade the blank backs, but then they stopped about 4 or 5 years ago.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)