Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Treasury Secretary waffling on putting women on U.S. currency

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    While I would like to see a woman on US Currency sooner, keeping Hamilton on the $10 was always the right decision. Jackson should be given the boot and the $20 is an ideal place for a woman.
  • Options
    More info on the changes coming: Link

Here are the highlights as posted in the news story:

- Hamilton will stay on the $10 and Jackson gets booted from the $20

- A woman representing the struggle for racial equality will replace Jackson

- And a mural depicting women's suffrage will appear on the back of the $10

- Harriet Tubman and Rosa Parks have been selected in an unofficial poll

- The rear of the $5 will also change, showing events at the Lincoln Memorial

- The new $20 notes will not be issued until 2030 at the earliest
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Give Jackson the boot from the $20.

Why do we HAVE to have a woman on our paper money ?

How about the first lady and president on each denomination, due the next redesign ?

I say replace Jackson with either John Tyler, or Calvin Coolidge. Put the president on the left side of the note, and the first lady on the right.
  • Options
    cinchcinch Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    2030? Wow, that's a ridiculous amount of time. Our robot overlords will probably be only accepting digital currency in the few parts of the country that haven't been flooded over in the coming climate change.
    My website: RICurrency.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by: cinch

2030? Wow, that's a ridiculous amount of time. Our robot overlords will probably be only accepting digital currency in the few parts of the country that haven't been flooded over in the coming climate change.

Awesome reply.... People and their climate change scares makes me laugh every time. Here's a news story that ABC produced in 2008 but didn't air until 2009 - New York Underwater 2015

Among many things they predicted by 2015...

- New York City flooded

- Gas would be over $9 a gallon

- A carton of milk would cost $13

- Las Vegas will be abandoned due to water shortage

- Miami underwater
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is who I'd like to see on our currency:

A symbol of the power and determination and the American will. A non-political figure, a figurative personage embodying the ideal.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21