Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Thanks to NEWENGLANDNOTES I am no longer GREEN with envy!! Hey Imposter!

Thanks go out to Steve (NewEnglandNotes) for the heads up on an auction listing a group of Bay State Mining Deuces including my long sought after GREEN overprint. Now the Imposter need not die in order for this happy occurrence. Close to a decade on this hunt! Whoohoo!

Comments

• Options
    cinchcinch Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    That's a great set! Congratulations!

My website: RICurrency.com
  • Options
    image +1
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    So cool, congratulations on completing your set!!!
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm green with envy.............someone had to say it.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    Congrats.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Interesting set. Always great to accomplish a goal, congrats.

Any significance of the different color overprints?
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    patience pays off!
    Any significance of the different color overprints?
    yes--why the change?

Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers are always free)
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice set.

Are those all of the colors ? Based on the serials, it looks like they went: red, green, brown, yellow, blue.
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Congrats and to a man after my own heart , loves me some Deuces and even tho those arent mint crispy . Also id rather look at decent faced up notes that are a well matched group such as yours over any other kind !!! Just the character they have and stories they could tell !! Awesome set brother .

Looking for Atlanta $1-$20 Series 1928-present + Stars , Raw or Graded !! &
    FR-1509 ,FR-1509*,FR-1510,FR-1510*,FR-1511*,FR-1512*,FR-1514*
    in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS
    Check out - BrettEldredge.com !! Hometown Singer

• Options
    KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I know that it was a very long hunt!

• Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Tookybandit

So cool, congratulations on completing your set!!!

+1 image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    Omega32Omega32 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Way to go false Omega! It is such a great feeling to finally finish the set - bet yours cost a lot less than mine too! Congrats buddy!!
    The above is my two cents worth - adjusted for inflation, YOU OWE me money. Please pay promptly.

SPMC LM #371
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love a happy ending to the story.

Now you'll probably see two or three more over the next year (actually, probably not). Sometimes it just seems to work that way.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I should change my forum name to Omega #1 just to mess with this rivalry! image
  • Options
    rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    That really is a cool set. I'd love to hear the answers to the above questions. Nice collection!!
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, congrats!

Are you trying to complete the set for the $1 notes?

• Options
    Omega32Omega32 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: element159
    Very nice, congrats!

Are you trying to complete the set for the $1 notes?

Actually, I am. Surprisingly, I have the Green $1, but still need the Red. I picked up a couple of BSM notes from Jim Haxby on eBay a while back. He had a lower grade Green $1 that sold Sunday, but that was apparently his last one.
    The above is my two cents worth - adjusted for inflation, YOU OWE me money. Please pay promptly.

SPMC LM #371
  • Options
    mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Hey those are really cool. I like them. Great collection.
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    I have never heard an explanation for the overprint color change. They did progress in red, green, brown, yellow, and blue order. I only collect $2 so I don't plan to pursue the $1 set. I own some $5 and $10 example because I picked them up in pursuit of the deuces. I love the Michigan copper mine notes in general but have only come across one other mine with a $2 note and that is the Central Mine. I have that deuce too thanks to Grouchy years ago. I have never seen that note above a VG/Fine grade. Cool obsoletes, home state appeal, and cool color overprints = Love for the Bay State Mine deuce set.

Hey Imposter, I have a few extra serial numbers for the database on BSM notes!
  • Options
    This makes me want to collect these too. I really enjoyed my visit to the UP, and copper is just a cool metal, and with the overprint colors this sounds fun. Are the $1 easier to find than the $2?

• Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: element159
    This makes me want to collect these too. I really enjoyed my visit to the UP, and copper is just a cool metal, and with the overprint colors this sounds fun. Are the $1 easier to find than the $2?

In my experience the red and green (earlier issued) notes seem more difficult regardless of denomination.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm joining the club! I don't have this in hand yet, but it is on the way...

Since red and green are common colors in other obsoletes, but rare here, I might try and get the other three colors only. Maybe some different denominations. I don't like the FIVE overprint as much as the 1 and 2, but the central vignette is nice, so I like this note, at least from the HA pictures.