Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about Ebay

I sold a card over 6 weeks ago <150> and when I entered the tracking info I made a
one number mistake. Well I get an email from the buyer this morning that he hasn't received his card and that he wants tracking info or he is making a claim. I find the info and fix it and it says delivered 3 days after he paid. Is he trying to scam here? Will I lose on the account that I made a mistake? Seems odd you would wait over 6 weeks to tell me this? </150>
Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is he trying to scam here?

Sure sounds like it. Try sending him the correct tracking # first and see what he says. It's a shame that some people are such slimeballs these days.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    ID user so we can block this turd please. And yes your okay because they only get 30 days to open a case I believe.
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    He's a scammer.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    It says delivered to the door.
    I updated the info and have not heard anything so I am hoping he is just going to go away?
    Yeah 30 days sounds right after all wouldn't you be calling after 8 or so days on a 150
    dollar card?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a scam. Per eBay "You can open a case up to 32 days after the listing has ended." So he would be outside of his window anyway...
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the buyer is trying to scam you The buyer can open a Paypal claim up to 180 days from the original transaction.

James
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jfkheat
    I agree that the buyer is trying to scam you The buyer can open a Paypal claim up to 180 days from the original transaction.
    James

Your right James but ONLY if they did not try and go there eBay resolution first. Learned that the hard way.
  • Options
    180 days? It's almost not worth it. The back story is my neighbor had a few cards so I subbed them for him
    and listed for him. I did everything for him. He threw me a few bucks but it was just about being a good
    neighbor and friend. I gave him all the money March 6 and now this? I know I made a mistake but now I
    have to deal with this? You're telling me I could buy a 5000 dollar card from Probstein or PWCC and wait 180 days
    and return it? That's hard to believe! Obviously these rules are made by people that have no clue
    about anything senseless.
    Collector Focus

• Options
    I think I remember someone here saying that and paid little or no attention to it.
    I am guilty of not reading that stuff. Now that it's over24 hours and haven't heard anything
    I am assuming this was a lousy attempt at trying to get a free card? I don't really want to post
    his ID here but if you want it PM me and I will give it to you..
    Collector Focus

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    also possible that the guy buys tons of stuff and this is how he keeps track of things. I have had this happen before in the days before I did all my shipping through ebay. But ..... it would usually be followed up by a "thanks, you are correct, I went back and checked and confirm receipt, sorry for the trouble" type of message
  • Options
    The reason I don't want to out him yet. It's been crickets though since
    I corrected the info? I would appreciate a sorry but when his message
    has threats like " this is the last time I will contact you before filing a claim"
    "I have NOT received my card yet" tells me a lot...
    Collector Focus