Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Funny email from Ebay

Funny email I got from Ebay. I can't afford it, but just for fun, I have this 1952 Topps PSA 5.5 Mantle in my watch list. Below is an email I got from Ebay.....they just saved me a bundle!

Comments

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    I got one too. I was watching an NM-MINT item that was trending around $20 raw. They sent me a notice about one in G condition for $1.35 and that there was only one left! I did act on the email by sending it to my trash.
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Thats great what a savings - and its actually similar to what you were looking for
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol I get a kick out of some of the reviews under eBay listings. Usually they have nothing to do with the actual card being sold.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I like how ebay has product reviews for vintage baseball cards, as if they'd EVER be helpful. Here are the reviews for a real 1952 Topps Mantle:

"Great looking Mantle Rookie. Looks like an affordable way to obtain the greatest post war baseball card."

"Great value. Since most people can't afford a real 52 topps mantle rookie card, and if they can, finding one in good shape is another issue! This card solves both problems!!!"

"Mickey played here in my hometown. It was before my time, but still got to meet him years after at charity golf event in Joplin. MO. He had Billy Martin with him. Great times! Love the mention of his time in Joplin with the Miners on back of card. He also owned a Holiday Inn here. Some friends and I rented the Whitey Ford suite for a party. Great memories."

"Very happy nice. Would buy again".

"No way this card is real. Nice looking reprint though."

EDIT: Looks like addicted2ebay beat me to it. image
  • Options
    This was a funny example, but I don't like how aggressive the emails have become. Sometimes I browse an item once and then I get an email "reminder". If I wanted emails, I'd turn that feature on from my "followed searches" list. I don't think it was ever like this before a few months ago.