Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pay it Forward (from flatfoot816)

For some reason, flatfoot816 is not able to post this text under his account and we're looking into it. For now, here is his message:

It has been a while since I have seen this thread on the boards. With all the inactivity here it seems like a good time to put this back in action. We have had great success over the years so long as people do not take advantage of other’s generosity. I think we have for the most part some great guys here. The Secret Santa was very successful.
Pay It Forward threads are cool and keep the activity to a higher level since you always have to check to see what is being offered. I’ve won some really nice unopened stuff and an auto Ken Griffey Jr. card.
For those of you who have not taken part in a past “CU Board Pay It Forward” it works like this----

I will post something that I am offering for free. The 1st person to see it and claim it gets it. You claim it by posting in the thread that you want the item. I will mail the item to the person who claims it AFTER he posts what he is offering as his “pay it forward” and it has been claimed. The person who offers the item and mails it pays for shipping and insurance. The person who claims the item(s) must then put something else up for someone else to grab w-in 48 hours.

ONCE YOU CLAIM AN ITEM--THE ITEM YOU OFFER MUST BE VALUED BETWEEN $50-$75.

The Rules.
1. Maximum amount to be offered is total value of $75. Minimum amount if $50. That means if you take something you have to post something to offer valued at between $50-$75. You can offer something valued at greater than $75—but the person who claims it only has to offer something in the range of $50-$75.
2. What can be offered? PSA, SGC graded cards, BBCE authenticated unopened ONLY. Also-you should offer somehitng that will appeal to a number of members. We do not want things to sit there.
3. Value determined by SMR, VCP, or eBay past auctions.
4. If what you offer has not been claimed in 48 hours—YOU AGREE TO REMOVE AND POST SOMETHING DIFFERENT. If you do not you forfeit what you claimed and it will be reposted.
5. You can offer a maximum of 2 cards/items to meet the value.
6. Once you claim an item you must post your offer w-in 48 hours.
7. Once you claim an item—it will not ship until WHAT YOU HAVE OFFERED HAS BEEN CLAIMED. This will prevent someone from getting something and still not have posted their offering—which has happened in the past and is a surefire way to kill the thread.
8. Once you claim an item you cannot claim another item until 5 others have claimed something. I will keep a running list at the 1st post to keep track of who claimed what.
9. In order to play you must have been a member here for 3 years OR have 125 posts. This can be changed if you all think it should be – but it should be for long standing valued board members.
12. DO NOT SHIP TILL YOU ARE SURE THE MEMBER WHO CLAIMED YOUR OFFERING HAS HAD THEIRS CLAIMED TOO.

If anyone sees any rule that is NG—let me know. If I missed anything let me know. Let’s let this thread run for a week and if it is a go—I’ll start the real Pay It forward thread next Saturday

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Comments

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Jackie!

This thread will go live sometime between 9 AM and 1 PM this Saturday--EST. Keep close watch!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Here's hoping this thread lives a long life! Good job Manny.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Yes Manny - you're a great asset to the hobby! Thanks!
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Bgs and bvg graded cards are not allowed?
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: MrNearMint

Bgs and bvg graded cards are not allowed?

morning--yes BGS and BVG are allowed. Should have fixed that but I cannot edit the thread--only Jackie can