Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Barry Bonds Topps Traded Tiffany RC PSA 10, a year ago $300 now $1000?!!!

Comments

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    Concerted effort? certain segments of unopened have gone up dramatically too.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    He's the best card in one of the best sets of the 1980s in by far the best year for sets of the 1980s... I'm surprised that card dipped down to $300. I think we're going higher yet from here and in 6 years it will be over $2,000.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's back in baseball. Eventually will make the HOF. Best player I have ever seen, I do not care what he took.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: rexvos
    He's back in baseball. Eventually will make the HOF. Best player I have ever seen, I do not care what he took.

Agreed. He is to me, one of the few cases where he was so good, it doesn't matter what he took. One of the best all time whether he used or not.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    mb2005mb2005 Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Clearly the demand for this card is going up.....it's not scarce (323 PSA 10s). Bonds was great, with or without steroids, but I don't think he makes it to the HOF. The voters seem pretty dug in against the steroid era.
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    I remember selling one raw for $400+. And that was years after the 73 HR season.
  • Options
    Here we go again, no, it's not a $1000 card. I've seen this card sell for five hundred on the high end. I don't care what eBay says. It's a big game on eBay now and in our hobby. Bonds isn't going to make the HOF. No matter how much time goes by. He, along with a lot of "there were great no matter what they took" players aren't either.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Best pure hitter I have ever seen.. I wouldnt mind owning one.. Hofer in my book,
    dont care what the Baseball writers think.. After all they think Craig Biggio and Phil Rizzutto
    are Hofers and Bonds isnt...
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if any of the Bay are tech money has anything to do with this. Look how crazy Steph Curry cards are going for.

I'm going to be in San Jose in May. I should stop by the shops and see what is happening.
    Mike
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I like that PSA 10 auto card in the eBay recent sold list you linked to. He is a darned tough autograph! $295 seems like a pretty good price.