Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

SOLD

Fell for this awesome piece, but it just doesn't fit my collection.

Stunningly original Mexican 1792 8 Reale that must have circulated in early America.

PCGS graded AU50 Secure.

This is a pop 2 coin with only 3 higher, but It is surely under-graded.

The only recent auction of a 1792 that looks any where nearly as nice as this one was an NGC AU53 that sold for $517 in the June 2014 Heritage auction (lot 18168). That coin was not as original as this example!

$250 by check or non fee PayPal.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    With the secure, IMO, your could should be worth as much as the AU53 from two years ago.

I would get opinions from others to see if it will grade higher if resubmitted.
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The detail is there, so I'm guessing the AU50 grade was due to having limited luster. The reverse could get this one bumped up a grade, but I wouldn't spend the money, personally.

Yorkshireman, sent you a PM with some thoughts.
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT
  • FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    PM sent. I'll take her.
  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness. That was an excellent buy!

Tom