Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Centerfield Collectibles Glenside PA - President Al Curcio

Does any one know how legit or not this company was?

Would a cert of a game used item from them be most likely the real deal?

What i could find so far is they were a big advertiser in SCD with auctions and that they filed for bankruptcy in 1997

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't trust the cert of a business 20 years closed.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    If I recall they had either purchased or were consigned the collection of Paul Hill, who had a tremendous game used collection....Perhaps you can post a photo or two of the item...

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Here are photos - the cert says N/A for auto because at the time it wasnt signed. Auto obtained at a later date

imageimageimage
  • Options
    This bat is what's known as a Team Index bat as it doesn't match Winfield's ordering records (not to mention that it shows little to no actual use)..The only time it ever touched his hands is when he signed it..

This item wouldn't have been from the Paul Hill collection because his items were from players that pre-dated Winfield...

Still a neat display item..

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    thanks ironman - can you explain team index bat..im not familiar with that term
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Albertdidit

thanks ironman - can you explain team index bat..im not familiar with that term

bats ordered by clubs for various reasons (promotional, etc), but not to the specifactions of any one player in partucluar

IMF

• Options
    thanks again for the info - i know 0 about game used items. So do you think a winfield team index signed bat would be worth more or less than $100
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Albertdidit

thanks again for the info - i know 0 about game used items. So do you think a winfield team index signed bat would be worth more or less than $100

I'd think just about $100

IMF

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    wow that brought back memories.....good ol centerfield collectibles......they were hit and miss......but i did get some authentic game used steelers stars jerseys from the 70's!!!!!!!! thru them...which u don't see EVER and still don't come up...not legit ones anyways....as with anything you have to do ur due delig.

...but that certificate.."from a private collector" "thru a charity"...wow, doesn't get more legit than that
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    The sig looks legit, but it definitely isn't game used. No dirt, pine tar, ball scuffs... it actually looks kinda warped. Might be the photo though. Just my $.02