Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Well here are my first additions that start my World Collection !!!**OKAY 1 MORE FOR 4-12**

First 3 5's on a 5 000555

A nice little RadaR 068860

A nice little fancy almost repeater 2770277

AND , since I was born in 1974 - a couple 000074 Notes !!! Favorites at the moment !!!

Looking for Atlanta $1-$20 Series 1928-present + Stars , Raw or Graded !! &
FR-1509 ,FR-1509*,FR-1510,FR-1510*,FR-1511*,FR-1512*,FR-1514*
in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS
Check out - BrettEldredge.com !! Hometown Singer

Comments

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I like! Very nice for sure. Congrats! image Now you are hooked!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Jim61

I like! Very nice for sure. Congrats! image Now you are hooked!

Yes , Mr. Jim I am and its already started off very Fun !!

in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! Love the Dominican notes!
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty stuff! It's easy to see the appeal of world notes.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • cinchcinch Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Tookybandit, those Dominican notes are gorgeous! The architectural vignettes are really eye catching.

The Brazilian notes are great, too. What year are they from?
    My website: RICurrency.com
  • AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Great start for a World collection of banknotes , thanks for sharing.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Great notes and so colorful.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Well it looks like you are off to a good start!

World notes are fund and good bang for the buck... The shorter serial numbers and large printings of some offer a lot COOL SERIALS!

• mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. Looks like you got a great start on a world bank note collection.
  • STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: cinch

The Brazilian notes are great, too. What year are they from?

The 5 Cr type produced by Thomas de la Rue was issued from 1950 to 1964 with various sigs and varieties. According to my catalog series 4512 was issued in 1964. The blue 200 Cr was a product of the ABNCo and 1943 to 1964; series 1027 was in 1961. There is also a TDR 200 during this same period but produced in much smaller quantities and is quite a bit more scarce.

In 1966, the Cruzeiro Novo = 1000 (old) cruzeiros was introduced with some of the earlier types printed with an overprint (eg new series of the 10 cr type were printed with a 1 centavo overprint) until completely new types were introduced in 1970.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • techwritertechwriter Posts: 584 ✭✭
    Yep, the Brazilian notes are a source of some nifty notes:

==

==

==

==
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

Very nice techwriter !!

in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS

• cinchcinch Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    Tech, what's the signature on the $10?
    My website: RICurrency.com
    cinch, my Spanish script reading skill is less than zero; sorry but cannot read the signatures. I do not have a Brazilian banknote book that might identify the signatures for this particular note; Pick 114a.

Retired

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    Now I see why the foreign note market has such an avid collector base. Very appealing notes.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

Originally posted by: techwriter

cinch, my Spanish script reading skill is less than zero; sorry but cannot read the signatures. I do not have a Brazilian banknote book that might identify the signatures for this particular note; Pick 114a.

My specialized catalog doesn't provide info for the "autographed" notes, just for those with printed sigs. I've noticed some variety in these but am not sure who they represent. Much easier to deal with after the sigs were "normally" printed. Would be most interested in finding info about the earlier sigs also.

BTW, your "Spanish script reading skill" probably won't be of much help since Brazilian notes use Portuguese which is pretty close but - as I understand it - has some significant differences with Spanish.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    I asked once about the overprint signatures and I think Andres or SaorAlba responded. As I understand it, the notes were only legal tender if signed by a treasury official. So they hired a bunch of clerks to sit in a room and sign all of those notes so that they could be used in circulation. Hence, you find a tremendous variety in those signatures.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
    Originally posted by: rbethea

I asked once about the overprint signatures and I think Andres or SaorAlba responded. As I understand it, the notes were only legal tender if signed by a treasury official. So they hired a bunch of clerks to sit in a room and sign all of those notes so that they could be used in circulation. Hence, you find a tremendous variety in those signatures.

thanks, good to know and similar to early US demand notes. some of the later issues look as tho the sigs are overprinted vs actual autographs; i wonder if the procedure changed over time. when i first started with these it took a while to get used to the sigs appearing over the design of the notes since they're so different than what i'd encountered before.

what fun. image

• rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    Agreed! Fun!! image

It was LETTOW who responded. Here was that thread. I'd rather direct you there because Lettow posted pictures illustrating that they were not printed, but hand signed.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
    reaper, image to the Endless universe of world note collecting. Strap yourself

in and enjoy all the great and exciting notes to come. image

Retired

Originally posted by: rbethea

Agreed! Fun!! image

It was LETTOW who responded. Here was that thread. I'd rather direct you there because Lettow posted pictures illustrating that they were not printed, but hand signed.

Thanks. I agree with the notes with the single sigs including the first issues of the Cruzeiros. However, now that I actually look at them, there are two series that seem to have overprinted dual sigs: the rare Caixa de Estabilizacao issues of 1926 and 1927 and the 1923 Banco do Brasil (which has both single and dual sigs). I don't have any of the rare Caixa issued notes (just a couple of specimens) but the illustrations in the catalog look identical (within year) across denominations. Not sure about the 1923 Banco issue, but have my first double sig coming my way soon. In any case, haven't really focused on the mil Reis issues - being outside of my original collection scope - so my knowledge is limited to the few I've really looked at but starting to move that way as I wind up the latter issues.

Brazil is really an interesting and fairly accessible (read affordable to downright cheap in many cases) series if you stick to the post WWII issues. Designs are interesting and the notes include some high end printings from the American BN Co, de la Rue, etc. A very nice way to "get into" world currency. Congrats again to the OP for selecting a fun area.

• Nice notes. World notes can be a great buy and for some attractive notes. Are you going to collect by a certain serial number or just whatever catches your eye?

Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers are always free)
    Originally posted by: HistoryMajor

Nice notes. World notes can be a great buy and for some attractive notes. Are you going to collect by a certain serial number or just whatever catches your eye?

It will probably be both but i am looking for 74's hot and heavy !! Seems as some have said - that better/cooler collectable serial numbers can be picked up at a fraction of u.s. note prices .

in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS

2 newps

Another birthyear

And a Snorter

in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭✭
    Super cool! The snorter is cool on a china note.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plane 658 - Better Walking, must have been a real flying nightmare.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
    One more Snorter but after this one , I'm getting back to numbers !!!! LOL

in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS

• Very cool Short snorters.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
    Originally posted by: DepressionscripGuy

Very cool Short snorters.

Thank you sir & everyone else too !!!

in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS

• reaper, nice snorter notes--well done. As you return to the numbers and as you work your way through the South American continent here's a few examples to spur you onward:

==

== from the really THIN country of Chile

==

==

==

== and one from Argentina

==

==

So many and so much fun trying to find them. image

Retired