Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

My New Rainbow Is Ragged and Dirty, but it sure gets my motor running!

I am very excited to have won this super tough $20 Rainbow tonight! Here is one of those notes that I really thought I would not own any time soon ...if ever. Even with the very heavy circulation, it still looks nice (To me at least). This is the first rainbow note that I have ever purchased ...and it is by far my favorite design out of the "Obtainable" Denominations!

There are probably lower serial numbers recorded, but this is the lowest listed in T&P and it just happens to be the address of the White House, haha! image

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice addition Tooky. Evenly and well worn. I like all the series 1869 LT's. Congratulations.
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    I recognize that PCGS has authenticated it, in their eyes, but that serial number looks very fishy to me. Are you sure it is not a contemporary forgery?
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Looks genuine to me. Keep in mind, we are talking late 1860's / early 1870's technology.

Even in low grade, that note is one tough bird. Great pickup !!
  • CurrenSeeCurrenSee Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Grr! I was after this one too. Great pickup though! I agree that it still looks really good for the grade.
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    No Doubt,that note is the real thing.I saw it last night and was VERY tempted....but,I stayed away as I already have a vf.Still,recognizing just how hard these are.....like I stated.....very tempted.Great grab Rob!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Hey Tooky, congrats! image Glad your got one and are happy with it.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • nice - a very tough note!
  • techwritertechwriter Posts: 584 ✭✭
    Great pickup for you -- belated birthday present perhaps? image

And darn, your low grade beats mine, now I have to look for another lower one. LOL

==

==
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! image

Nice one Tech! I do not have that Fr.# yet and the large spiked seal is so cool!!!
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Congrats! I like the serial # too.
    Just for fun, here is my new note alongside a superb gem image I pulled from HA (Obv. not my note).

The G04 note was less than one percent (0.6%) the cost of the 67Q!!! The gem does look a tad bit nicer though image

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but yours has a cooler serial number.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
    Originally posted by: Jim61

Yeah, but yours has a cooler serial number.

Haha, I totally agree Jim!! image

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to world of low ball collecting Robert!!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.