Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Signed,sealed,circulated...or...We're not out of the"Woods" yet

A cool note arrived today.This one Maxcrusha and I battled over as I assume we both saw how few and far between the Woods courtesy sig really is.I checked Heritage where they show only one red seal...this one.The cool(or perhaps not cool) thing is how much this note circulated as a low serial number and with the sig.To me,that's cooler than if it were an unc-it's the collector in me damn it! If you possess a Woods courtesy sig,please post it.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

Comments

• Sad i lost, but am glad you got Wood!
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Cool note. Has the signature been authenticated?
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Awesome note.

Greg, another will come your way in the future.
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭✭
    Super cool!! Here are some others to compare with. Signature looks like a winner! HA results
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool to see the others-thanks Rob!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭
    Great note, esp with Sig. Wonder if the Sig was added before or after it has entered circulation.
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Great win and note! Thanks for sharing. image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Cool note! The Woods signature is very scarce.
    Collector: of low or fancy serial numbers in the 1928 - 1963 era including radars and repeaters, better stars, mules, special serial number ranges, also pre WWII Philippine star notes and low serials as well as low and fancy serials on MPC

Data collection: serial number data of scarce notes in the 1928 to 1963 era - radars, repeaters, scarce stars, mules, and other scarce or rare notes in all types or series & large size 8 digit radars or repeaters
    My email is: HHICL@aol.com
  • CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    image note image
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers