Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Never leave your eBay bids unattended !!

I stumbled on a 1934 EA $10 BGS note on eBay through what I call dumb luck. Anyone in the know about the EA BGS, knows that they are a tough note to locate.

Opening bid was $25, and I bid twice that. It looked like I was going to take this note (and its mate) home at opening bid. Then the last 45 seconds of the auction came, I was watching (thank goodness), $35 bid I knew someone else was going to chase this note, but time was on my side, as the clock was now down to less than 30 seconds, so I increased my bid by another $20, and won by just $4.

Very close call, and had I not been watching, I would have lost the chance to get this note.

I am keeping the EA, and the HA note has a new home, once I receive it.

Lesson: never leave your bids unattended, of they could get sniped on you.

Comments

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Lesson learned a long time ago. Most bidding happens in the last seconds - kinda like a grand finale. The snipers all start shooting - some with pellet guns, some with pistols, some with high powered rifles, some with anti-aircraft shells and then the occasional bomb.

Great pickup and glad you were watching!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the win! Nice seal colors.
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice E-A!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool notes image
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Congrats on your score
  • SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    Mule or non-mule?
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Both notes are non mules.
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Notes came in yesterday. The EA is somewhere around an AU50.

I'm glad to have it, as the EA block is very tough.

This is a learning lesson for me. I am having an easier time finding all of the LGS notes, and a harder time with the BGS notes.