Home Testing Forum

~ Saxony Sale + notgeld draft, 4/2/16

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here are three German lots for your perusal. Two are nice Saxony coins and the third lot is some neat notgeld.

I'm essentially offering all at my cost plus a few bucks for shipping, no more.

Here's the breakdown:

LOT 1 (1913-E Saxony 3-mark proof): $200 delivered
(actually a few bucks below my cost)

LOT 2 (1869-B Saxony 2-pfennig UNC): $49 delivered

LOT 3 (1920s 47-piece UNC notgeld currency lot): $36 delivered

Or take ALL THREE LOTS SHOWN BELOW for $275 delivered

Swaps? OK, maybe, if you have a single coin or token of equal value you think would be a nice addition to my Box of 20 collection (see link in sigline).

Here are the pix and details:

LOT 1:

German States (Saxony) silver 3 mark proof, Battle of Leipzig centennial commemorative, 1913-E, PCGS PR62 DCAM

Obverse: the Völkerschlachtdenkmal (Monument to the Battle of the Nations).

Reverse: Imperial German eagle, head left, crown above.

PCGS PR62 DCAM, cert #29851548. KM 1275, .900 silver/.4823 oz. 33 mm, 16.66 g. Leipzig mint. Mintage: 17,000 proofs. Ex-Moneta Numismatic Services.

Larger image

PCGS cert verification page

NGC/Krause priceguide listing

LOT 2:

German States (Saxony): copper 2-pfennig, 1869-B, raw Brown UNC

Attractive, satiny toning with nice hints of color. KM 1217, copper, 19.1 mm. Ex-Münzenhandlung Brom.

At least three forum members gave MS66 grade opinions on it in a previous thread.

I wouldn't be so bold as to guess, but that seems possible to me. As far as I know, this coin has never been submitted to a TPG service.

NGC/Krause priceguide listing

LOT 3:

47-piece miscellaneous Uncirculated notgeld currency lot, ca. 1920s

Ex-Ephesus Numismatics. This was a recent impulse purchase I made because I thought it was a good deal (on a gut level- I know nothing about this stuff). I was impressed by how beautiful and colorful these little notes are. Some are also macabre and/or whimsical. They're all pretty fascinating. I am not about to start collecting paper money (though stuff like this could tempt me in that direction). I guess you could say I just wanted to have a peek at these and then pass them on.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.