Options

Did anyone here win this note?

PM me! I'll double your investment!

My website: RICurrency.com

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    I smell an April fools effort here!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    sniff sniff LOL
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, those aren't anything special. I have a full pack I use as a paper weight.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have plenty for the fire place
  • Options
    gsalexgsalex Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was me. I bought it. If you're interested, I'll give you a great deal -- cash only, of course.
    Intrigued by all things intaglio.
  • Options
    of course
  • Options
    cinchcinch Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    gsalex: do you offer free shipping and a free returns if it doesn't grade what I'm expecting (EF-AU)?
    My website: RICurrency.com
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    It was me............................April fool.

That would be a rip though.

• Options
    I'm a low numbers guy, so while 1B is impressive, I'd venture that 1A would be the first note in the series, so I'm going to have to pass. Nice note, though....
  • Options
    kidding right?

there is no 1A I believe... large size notes didnt always follow the A-B-C... Z pattern

this note (if real? maybe it is) would be one of the most fantastic $500,000 notes out there
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    This is a variation of the post that goes like this:

Step one: someone posts a note that was available at auction and sold for pennies on the dollar.

Step two: everyone else kicks themselves for not seeing it and getting the same deal (although, in truth, had one more person realized its value the note would sell closer to market)

Step three: forum members yell "you suck" which indicates someone got a sensational deal

Step four: nobody notices that the OP (original poster) posted on April 1. There never was an auction or sale. They all fell for the April Fools Day joke.

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is no 1A I believe...

That is correct - according to the Murray reference, the $20 Legal Tender stars started with *1B so, at least, the April Fools joke used the first valid serial number.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA