Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Need ID Help! 68/69 Nolan Ryan Tom Seaver Regional Issue?

I got this on eBay with the title "1968 Nolan Ryan Rookie Tom Seaver Hand Cut Mets Regional Issue". I have seen on checklists that there is a card issued in 1969 referred to as Mets Team Issue #12. However, the card only has the player names on the front and no print whatsoever on the back, so I don't know if this is the same one. The third player on the card is Joseph Martin. I have seen another listing with a set of 8 such cards, all featuring Mets players. They are on fairly thick card stock for the era. Can anybody identify this?

Link to the eBay listing

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've spoken to this seller in person at the Shriner's Show in Wilmington, MA and he knows exactly where it comes from, but he'll deny it right to your face.

Record Album

Donato

Edited to add: It is hand cut from the back cover of the 1969 Mets' record album. See photos in the above auction link.
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like it was cut/trimmed from a wire photo

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: divecchia
    I've spoken to this seller in person at the Shriner's Show in Wilmington, MA and he knows exactly where it comes from, but he'll deny it right to your face.

Record Album

Donato

Edited to add: It is hand cut from the back cover of the 1969 Mets' record album. See photos in the above auction link.

Nice detective work, Donato!
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bobsbbcards

Originally posted by: divecchia

Record Album

Donato

Nice detective work, Donato!

Like sneakin' the sunrise past a rooster.