Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Project: 1961 Topps All-Star Set Update 5/6

Since my other sets progress has kind of stalled I decided to start another set/subset. I decided on the 1961 Topps All-Star subset. I picked a couple of PSA 8 cards but I am hoping to do this set in all PSA 9. It is a 22 card set. I currently have six in PSA 9 and two in PSA 8. I have one more PSA 9 on the way.

James

Comments

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Vert nice
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    My favorite is the Battey
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    A tough set in high grade but apparently not for you. It's my favorite AS subset cards. Good luck.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super nice! Good luck on the endeavor. I had been building the 1970 AS set (same design) but have put it aside. The '61's are tough and high numbers. Very attractive.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Thats pretty sweet right there. Love the Maris card the most of course image
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments. I like the Maris card too. He looks like he just smoked a joint. image

James
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Big fan of that Frank Robby card.
  • Options
    I added three new cards and updated the Battey to a PSA 9. I am really happy with the PSA 9 Mays. I'm hoping to have he Mantle for the next update.

James

• Options
    As I had hoped, I picked up the Mantle for the set. These cards are tough to find in PSA 9 that are reasonably priced. i now have 14 of the 22 cards needed for the set.

James

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    This is my very favorite subset of any Topps issues. Congrats on landing some incredible cards.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice James. Enjoy!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely gorgeous!

"Molon Labe"