Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Not happy with USPS

PSA received my box in this shape of packs to be graded. This was not notated on the USPS website that they delivered package damaged.

[URL=http://s967.photobucket.com/user/repoman2000/media/IMG_4350.jpg.html]image[/URL]
[URL=http://s967.photobucket.com/user/repoman2000/media/IMG_4354.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    What pack is that?
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, sorry to see that. Was the package insured?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

1982 topps Football Jack Lambert on top. Card was a dead centered beauty in a tight pack. Looks like it survived as the bottom of the pack got the worst. Just glad it wasn't my 1975 Topps baseball Packs in there.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭
    Yes I always send registered and insured.
  • Options
    That is terrible. Guess we have to resort to sending a box INSIDE another box just to protect them against lazy shippers
    Look what you did.
  • Options
    USPS has been beating the crap out of my packages lately. My last one had a 1X3 inch gash ripped out of the bottom of the box, the one before that looked like this and water logged to boot.

It had a pristine BBCE 89 Fleer BSK box inside. Lucky for me the seller did a Fort Knox pack job on it. I sent him some pics and let him know what a great job he did, and the box was not damaged.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a package via UPS yesterday that was absolutely crushed. Luckily, it was nothing valuable and no major damage. What I'm noticing is that many of these packages have a fragile sticker on them. I wonder if that message has an opposite effect sometimes when it comes to handling.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like another "outstanding" job by USPS!
    mint_only_pls
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the fact that we have to pay extra for insurance to insure that they do the job that they are supposed to do. I wonder if I can get my boss to pay me extra to make sure I do a good job. image

James
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I feel like the packs should have been in a larger box with more cushioning. The packs really shouldn't be anywhere near the edges of the box. The amount of "damage" to that box, I believe, is acceptable and should be considered whenever packing item(s) for shipment. Sorry this happened.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    If I buy a expensive card I ask for registered mail. By far best way to go!
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: AintNutinButaGThang
    That is terrible. Guess we have to resort to sending a box INSIDE another box just to protect them against lazy shippers

Originally posted by: MULLINS5
    I feel like the packs should have been in a larger box with more cushioning. The packs really shouldn't be anywhere near the edges of the box. The amount of "damage" to that box, I believe, is acceptable and should be considered whenever packing item(s) for shipment. Sorry this happened.

That only works one-way...

If PSA doesn't reciprocate and sends your slabbed packs back to you with no added padding or protection damage can still occur from a "mishandled" package. I have two would be $1000+ packs with gum damaged wrappers to prove it!

I think they should go back to using registered mail for all return shipments and use better packing with padding for packs (w/gum) as they know that are susceptible to rough handling.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15

I got a package via UPS yesterday that was absolutely crushed. Luckily, it was nothing valuable and no major damage. What I'm noticing is that many of these packages have a fragile sticker on them. I wonder if that message has an opposite effect sometimes when it comes to handling.

+1 Except I don't even wonder about it. I just hope someone along the line isn't having a bad day.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I recently had someone ship me an unopened box of cards wrapped entirely and only with thin brown paper with address written on it (similar to grocery bag paper). She thought the wax box itself would be enough protection for the wax packs inside. I was horrified.
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.