Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This must be an oversight in the Price Guide

coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
Coin # 144445 1952 25C. FS-901 "Superbird" PR65 DCAM = $2,250

Coin #511256 1952 25C. FS-902 "Superbird"

AND Re-engraved tailfeathers PR65 DCAM = $275 ????????

I believe that FS-902 in same grade is many multiples more rare than FS-901. image

Prices must be transposed through all Proof CAM and DCAM grades for the two. image

There isn't any established census yet for FS-902 in CAM or DCAM, and non-CAM 1952 Proof 25C. has a PCGS total census of 705 FS-901 vs. only a total census of 49 FS-902.image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the PCGS.com website:

YOUR INPUT IS WELCOMED

We welcome pricing input from all PCGS dealers and all serious coin collectors. If you have pricing suggestions, email them to pcgspriceguide@collectors.com. Be sure to include relevant information such as

Auction records

Private offerings

Public sales

…as opposed to just saying, “I think this price is too low (or high).”

We will not be able to personally respond to your e-mails but we will review your suggestions.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a bug in the software causing trailing zeros not to show up in some places. I noticed the other day on the 'type' price guide that a price of say 85K was showing up as 85,0 (i.e. missing the trailing 2 zeros). Note...unfortunately, this was absolutely nowhere near the column I was interested in, but jumped out as an obvious issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file