Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grading Question

Do show drop offs have a quicker turn around time?

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're willing to spend the $$, you can drop off on Friday and pick up on Saturday.

'dude
    Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lunytune2

Do show drop offs have a quicker turn around time?

Doubtful, since your little submission is amongst all the others who love free shipping to Newport Beach too. image

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In actuality unless you are doing show service.

I have had better luck next day airing them to PCGS and having them receive them just prior to them leaving for a show like Baltimore then dropping them off at the show. Its cheaper to drop them at the show due to outbound postage, but faster turnaround shipping them in IMO. Mainly I think because they get packed along with hundreds of submissions in the safe and transported back and many times it seems to take days to get the orders entered into the system.
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, what jdimmick said.

Over the course of a show if they get 500 submissions they all get packed into a safe or Brinks truck then have to make the trip back to California. That truck is not as fast as USPS. Then yours might be the last one entered.

The good news is you saved mailing costs.

The bad news is you probably added 10 days to your submission.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    i just received a lightning fast turnaround turn around for an economy shipment, check was cashed on the 8th, and the return box was ready for pick up on the 25th with a 90% grade out

didn't expect it back so soon
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file