Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official CU Member Roll Call (2016)

So I thought I would try and get some positive activity flowing once again on these boards because lets face it, its been very depressing around here. It's been like a ghost town and I feel like what use to make this place fun such as the comradery has been lost. I also want to see who actually is on here even though I am sure we have lots of lurkers - This would be a great time to introduce yourself.

This idea I got from miconelegacy. I am sure the vets remember him but Mike was a really great guy. Very selfless individual and was one of the first to welcome me back in the day when I first joined. Always tried to spin a positive outlook on things although he had also some serious hardships along the way. So with that said, lets make this place great again and find out about each other and get back to discussing cards and enjoying this great hobby.

Your first name:
State where you reside?
What do you enjoy collecting?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Your first name: Marc

What does your user ID mean? DNice is a name of a 90's rapper. My friend picked it for me lol

State where you reside? Florida

What do you enjoy collecting? I like collecting Roger Maris cards in high grade an non graded Jose Canseco cards for my PC.

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first name: Darin

What does your user ID mean? I'm not sure. I would guess 'One cool dude'.

State where you reside? Kansas

What do you enjoy collecting? 1975 topps baseball, George Brett basic, Al Kaline basic, Amos Otis basic, Clemente, Stargell,
    Alex Gordon just to have some modern cards.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Your first name: Kirk

What does your user ID mean? I collected cards, my Wife collected beanie babies. We went to a beanie shape and I ended up getting one called Stingray.

State where you reside? Michigan

What do you enjoy collecting? Anything thing Detroit Tigers, and mid 70s to early 80s.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Your first name: Tom

What does your user ID mean? Big time Dodgers fan.

State where you reside? Fairfax County, VA. SoCal transplant.

What do you enjoy collecting? Dodgers late 1970s to mid 1980s.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First name: David

State: Orlando, FL

ID: Chose it when I signed up for EBay and figured I would use the same one. Just my first initial, last name and 100 sounded good with it I thought.

Collect: Wrestling, boxing, and cards from the major sports of wrestlers.
  • Options
    jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    First name: Jeff

State: FL

ID: Use to have a 1979 Corvette, JL is first and middle initial, 50 was just random.

Collect: Evan Longoria

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Your first name: James
    What does your user ID mean? Last name
    State where you reside? VA
    What do you enjoy collecting? 1991 Topps Desert Shield, 1969 Nabisco, and 1934 Butterfinger.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Your first name: Doug

What does your user ID mean? DogBone was a nickname a long time ago. Esq ... I am an attorney.

State where you reside? New York

What do you enjoy collecting? All things of THE MICK ... Seaver and Reggie Jackson cards and autos ... Autographed cards from the Topps '52 set ... '64 Topps Stand Up set (graded) ... some of the Topps Insert Sets from the 60s are pretty nice also.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!

Your first name: Jason

What does your user ID mean? It's a combo of my favorite player, Greg Maddux, and the year of my first car which I still own, a 1969 Firebird Convertible.

State where you reside? NC and there are a few of us North Carolinians on here! Notice I didn't use the "T" word as my blood runs State red.

What do you enjoy collecting? I collect Greg Maddux first and foremost, everything from oddball issues to autos. I also collect Hank Aaron, notably his autographs as I am working on a signed Topps card run from each of his playing years. Last and not least I collect Mickey Mantle as I first became a fan after my Dad obtained some signed baseballs from him when he visited my hometown of Salisbury in the early 80's. My first big collecting purchase was a 1963 Topps Bombers Best from a local dealer at a flea market, I thought I broke the bank on that mid-grade copy!

• Options
    Name: Dan

ID: obvious

Live: New England

Collect: Main focus is Yaz master set. Other player collections: John Hannah, Gino Cappelletti, Andre Tippett, 59 Fleer Ted Williams. Also recently developed an interest in 1960s Venezuelan Topps.
  • Options
    Your first name: Steve

What does your user ID mean? nickname I garnered in high school as a babyfaced freshman.

State where you reside? PA (surprisingly not too many collectors from my area or state)

What do you enjoy collecting? Started my collecting days on the very elusive 1993 Topps set. After buying my first house and having to move 10,000's of thousands of my 80s and 90's junk baseball cards from my parents house to my own, I started collecting again. I've always loved "old time" guys, like Ted Williams, Willie Mays, and Roberto Clemente. (Thankfully, Mickey Mantle didnt intrigue me much). So now I collect vintage cards. I try to get more quality cards over quantity, but on my budget with a growing family, quality can take on a new meaning. I try and stay quiet on the boards, but I love reading the forum with my morning coffee (or two). My father used to tell me that "you'd rather have people think you are stupid, than know you are stupid". Not that I am, but I dont try to chime in with my own 2 cents when I've only got a penny, hence why I don't post a whole lot. That's my story.
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Your first name: Mike

What does your user ID mean? Daughters name is Sam

State where you reside? Huntersville, NC (suburb of Charlotte)

What do you enjoy collecting? Steelers HOF a Rookies, Hoyt Wilhelm, modern chrome rookies
  • Options
    Your name: John Gibbons, but have certainly been called worse

What does your user ID mean? Simply my name.

What do you enjoy collecting? Currently putting together Basic Topps Koufax and Clemente runs. and Not Guilty verdicts.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first name: Evan

What does your user ID mean? Favorite baseball team and birth year

State where you reside? Pennsylvania

Post War HOF Baseball Rookies (PSA Graded) and any ungraded baseball rookies from 1948- now.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    Your first name: Paul

What does your user ID mean? Was the name of my eBay business.

State where you reside? Washington State (across the boarder from Portland, OR)

What do you enjoy collecting? Football. Mainly base Topps but my son has gotten me into the Modern Chrome and Finest products. Favorite set and biggest project is putting together a high grade 1992 Topps Gold Football set (73% done). This is the year I started collecting again and just loved the look and the "gold cards". Life long Packer fan. Branching out and starting some of the 1960's Packers team sets.
    WANTLIST
    1992 Topps FB Golds (72% complete)
    1997 Topps FB Minted in Canton (10% complete)
    1999 Topps FB Record Numbers Gold (80% complete)
    2001 Topps FB MVP Promotion (35% complete)
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    Your first name: Gary

What does your user ID mean? Always enjoyed collecting various things (baseball cards, stamps, coins)

State where you reside? California

What do you enjoy collecting? Babe Ruth (main focus) and Lou Gehrig cards
  • Options

Great idea I haven't posted here in some time.

Name, Tim

Age, 39

ID, I was all thing Steve Largent as a kid.

Collecting, Steve Largent, Russell Wilson, 1961 Fleer BSK set, 1948 Leaf Boxing set, Pristine condition 1989 Hoops set, 1987 Fleer BSK set, and a bunch of other cards I don't need lol.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Your first name: Phil

What does your user ID mean? Big fan of my name

What do you enjoy collecting? 93 Topps Finest Baseball Refractors. I own 8.4% of the production run. 56% of the Randy Myers.
  • Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭
    Name. Joe

Age. 40

User id. A nickname I got as a kid

State. Pa.

Enjoy collecting. Starting lineups, unopened wax
    Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Name: Jeffrey

ID; Cities of importance to my life; Ali..Aliquippa. Fax...Fairfax. Wa....Washington DC.

State; Maryland

Enjoying collecting: Now, its Star Wars autographs, Rookie Autographs of key Redskins, Steelers, Pirates, Nationals and Capitals, and some other random stars. Roberto Clemente. Custom signature cut cards of Harry Potter cast, and older, higher end HOFers. Movie cast Index Card autograph sets.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Your first name: Matt
    What does your user ID mean? My older brother's nickname is "Tweed," and by hanging out with him and his friends, I was given the name.
    State where you reside? IL - Chicago
    What do you enjoy collecting? 1980-81 Topps Basketball, Walter Payton, Anthony Rizzo, and I collect currency as well.
    Matt

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name: Mike
    Username: Rex is a nickname vos is short for my last name
    State Shreveport, LA
    Collecting - basic player runs, Fb, baseball, quarteback PSA rcs, some La Tech, Lsu and and Saints stuff, also Houston Astros and Texas Rangers, recently starting working on Darryl Strawberry basic run in PSA 10 only. But work on basic runs of several different players at once
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We haven't done this in a while.

Have to apologize, don't post like I used to.

What does your user ID mean? nothing; part of an address

State where you reside? Texas

What do you enjoy collecting Baseball board games, a few sets like 63F, many "oddball" areas to numerous to list like coin op machines.

Suggestion - I would like if everyone would put their first name in the sig line.
    Mike
  • Options
    BigMKBigMK Posts: 93 ✭✭

What does your user ID mean? Sort of a reverse nickname as I am not that big. Followed by my initials.

State where you reside? Long Island, NY

What do you enjoy collecting? Mostly late 70's- 80's cards from the 4 major sports. I started collecting in the 80s when I was a kid and its nice to go back and collect the stuff you had as a child. I love most things from the 80's, it was a great decade to grow up in. The music, toys, video arcades, movies, fashion, culture, everything.. It was a special time for me, I wish I could get in a time machine and go back, even for one day.

So, I guess cards in a small way is going back to that special time & place.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Your first name: Brad

What does your user ID mean? Nothing really, initials with some numbers.

State where you reside? Kentucky (Louisville)

What do you enjoy collecting? Cubs items, Mark Grace, raw sets and unopened of 70s & 80s baseball/football/basketball.

• Options
    RynoandBoRynoandBo Posts: 393 ✭✭

What does your user ID mean? Ryne Sandberg and Bo Jackson were 2 of my favorite players to collect as a kid.

State where you reside? IL

What do you enjoy collecting? I enjoy PSA graded cards of Ryne Sandberg, specifically those that are rare or highly condition sensitive. In addition, I collect all cello packs featuring Sandberg and Bo Jackson on top. Finally, I also enjoy collecting and submitting cards to PSA.
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Your first name: Matt

What does your user ID mean? First three letters are my initials. I added an er many moons ago to get a long enough id for AOL I believe. I carried it forward and it is also my eBay handle.

What do you enjoy collecting? I am currently working on a 1933 Goudey graded set (low grade but a slow go). I also am constantly updating a 1978 KISS Donruss graded set. Besides trading cards, I enjoy collecting Megos, guitars, and all things KISS.
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first name...Monte

Age...60

What does your user ID mean...I like high quality cards. Hence...mint only please

State...Ohio

What do you enjoy collecting?. I like to collect HOFs and stars from the mid 50s to the mid 70s.. when it was still a game (b4 free agency). Usually, I collect a player's Topps RC, a portrait shot, a batting pose if a position player (switch hitters both a right and a left handed batting stance), a pitching pose for those players earning a living from the mound...and those cards in which Topps hit a homerun and are just plain beautiful. My plan is to have a 100-card collection...and it currently stands at 86. Of these cards in my collection...the breakdown in quality is (53) 9s, (17) 8.5s, (14) 8s....and (2) 7s. I have used 3 grading companies to acquire my collection: 75 PSAs, 9 SGCs, and 2 BVGs.

What is your biggest miss/mistake in this hobby of collecting sportscards?. I decided to add a question to this survey...if that is okay. For my miss...that would be buying 1987 Topps, 1987 Donruss, and 1987 Fleer baseball wax boxes and completely ignoring/turning the other way on the "mountain" of 1986/87 Fleer basketball wax boxes on the store counter for sale when I checked out paying for my 1987 haul of baseball cards.

My biggest bonehead mistake has been sending nine PSA-8 cards to be reviewed...and I mistakenly transposed the 2nd and 3rd digits of the PSA zip code. Unfortunately...this is a valid zip code, but to an APO in South Korea! Because it is a military post office in another country...I have had no success in getting the package back. I have contacted the Postmaster in my hometown as well as my congressman in attempts to get this package back with no luck...even receiving a response from the people at the APO in South Korea! I assume they would be US military personnel at the APO. It arrived at the APO (that was acknowledged in the tracking info)...and was immediately recognized that the package does not belong there and had been missent. I am assuming that any missent mail to an APO...just sits there in a big pile. I do recognize the possibility that if the package gets into the wrong hands...the cards could have a new owner. I have watched Ebay and most major auction houses for these cards to show up for sale based on their PSA serial number...and they haven't been sold.

If anyone has a suggestion or advice or information on retrieving the package or maybe more accurately getting the military to act...I would appreciate your help. In fact...to show my appreciation for information or suggestions leading to the package of 9 cards sent safely back to me and in my possession again, I would allow you to choose one card of your choice (except for the Nolan Ryan Rookie). Here are the lost cards...each PSA-8 before PSA implemented the 1/2 point grading system...hence why I was sending to be reviewed.

1955 Hank Aaron
    1960 Carl Yastrzemski
    1960 Willie McCovey
    1962 Roger Maris
    1963 Frank Robinson
    1965 Pete Rose
    1967 Mickey Mantle
    1967 Tony Perez
    1968 Nolan Ryan Rookie
    mint_only_pls
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    Name: James

ID: My favorite team from my childhood, the 70's Steelers, and Joe Greene's number

State: Oklahoma (originally Ohio)

Enjoy collecting: Psa HOF Steelers from the 70's Steelers.......took me a while to figure out my true passion because I used to collect everything
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    CsmontieCsmontie Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Name: Craig

ID: No meaning just me nothing special

State: Michigan

Enjoy collecting: Steve Yzerman, Barry Sanders, Al Kaline, Nolan Ryan. Trying to finish baseball sets my birth year set from 1961 and the sets I grew up with 1972 and 1973.
    Working on 1961 1972 1973 topps sets
  • Options
    moonlightgrahammoonlightgraham Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Your first name: Paul

What does your user ID mean? character from the movie Field of Dreams

What do you enjoy collecting? Topps baseball sets, vintage singles

I don't post a lot but I do come out here daily and read. I have learned quite a bit over the years from the knowledgeable members.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    your first name: terry

what does your user id mean? well back when i first started doing mall shows in the 80s alot of people would tell me you have the neatest stuff and i like the #1

state: MICHIGAN

what do you enjoy collecting? anything pre 1986 in wax boxes cases racks or psa graded cellos and older opc baseball....also collect psa graded hall of famers..i currently have over 150+psa graded cellos and wax pack from the 50s thru the mid 80s and looking for more...
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Nice thread, Marc.

Your first name: Aaron
    What does your user ID mean? lahmejoon is a middle eastern flatbread with finely ground meat, vegetables, and spices. Delicious!
    What do you enjoy collecting? Lots of stuff - 60's and 70's baseball, autos, comics, 2012 basketball
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Anthony
    Reppin Portland, Oregon

The name Mr.nearmint came from Alan mr.mint Rosen except the best I could afford is near-mint. If I could do it allover I would choose a different name.

I collect Michael Jordan bgs graded cards and vintage rookies and stars from the 3 major sports.
  • Options
    or246or246 Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Your first name: Joe

What does your user ID mean? Its my work ID

State where you reside? Ohio

What do you enjoy collecting? 1970s stuff. Currently 1 card away from completing my first complete graded set (1972 Topps hockey #90 in PSA 9). The next project I will attack once I get time is the 1970s Tigers set. I have some, but need a lot.

I also like early 1980s stuff. Most sports
    Currently working on 1970 Topps Hockey PSA 9 set
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    First name: Tom

Id: Lightningboy - Ralph Macchio's character in "Crossroads" - loved the music and the movie and the fact that he could play better than Steve Vaiimage

State; California

What do I enjoy: Hall of Fame rookie cards in high grade and unopened boxes and packs from early 70's through mid 80's
  • Options
    Your first name: Uncle

What does your user ID mean? Grass roots American guitar driven country folk rock sung with beer buddies

State where you reside? Calamityfornia

What do you enjoy collecting? I love all sports, all players, and mostly anything I can get for free
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Your first name: Eric
    What does your user ID mean? first initial + last name
    What do you enjoy collecting? 1956 Topps Baseball, the difficult challenge of completing a 1988-89 Fleer Basketball set in PSA 10 (the first set I collected with a passion as a kid), Mike Trout cards, and a whole lot of anything and everything Green Bay Packers... especially Brett Favre!
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Your first name: Jeremy

What does your user ID mean? Mickey Mantle and #23 for Ryne Sandberg for my favorite baseball player growing up

State where you reside? Iowa

What do you enjoy collecting? Two main focuses: 1956 topps set in PSA7/7.5 and wax/rack/cellos from the 1970's. Occasionally like to do a little ripping, but its usually 1980 on up since I don't have the stones to rip anything pre 1979.

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Your first name: Adam

What does your user ID mean? Back when I was in the Navy, nobody could pronounce my last name "Korpusik," so everyone just called me K.

State where you reside? Unfortunately I married a Jersey girl, so I'm stuck in Jersey, despite moving her away once already.

What do you enjoy collecting? High grade Red Sox, High grade Rookies of Stars / HOFers, I have a lot of PSA 10 Ripkens although I've kinda stopped going after his stuff for a while now.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first name: Donato

What does your user ID mean?: My user ID is my last name.

City & State where you reside?: Somerville, Massachusetts.

What do you enjoy collecting?: I've collected Nolan Ryan cards for about 23 years and still enjoy it as much as when I first started. The only thing that has changed is I now collect his cards in high grade and actively compete in the Nolan Ryan Master set.

Donato

P.S.

I like Mike's suggestion of putting everyone's name in the sig line or doing what I do which is put it at the end of each post. I've always done this as I believe by doing this you are standing behind each and every post that is made and not hiding behind an avatar or your keyboard.
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Your first name: Nick

What does your user ID mean? I first collected baseball cards in 1978 in a northwest Indiana suburb of Chicago.

State where you reside? Virginia - I've been in the Washington D.C. area since 1995

What do you enjoy collecting? I just finished putting the finishing touches on a graded 1975 Topps Mini baseball card set, and I'm currently working on a graded 1978 Topps basketball set. When I'm done with the basketball set, I will pick one favorite hockey set from the '70s and build it graded, followed by the same thing for one favorite '70's football set. I will then call it a day on graded sets. I still buy Topps baseball boxed sets every year and open the Heritage baseball product, mainly blasters from the local Walmart or Target (I especially love this year's product utilizing the 1967 design).
  • Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭
    Your First Name: Brett

What Does Your User ID Mean? Childhood nickname due to my love of peanuts (not the comic strip) plus the number of my favorite player growing up--Dave Parker.

State Where You Reside: PA

What Do You Enjoy Collecting? As a kid, I always loved putting the Topps set together every year pack by pack. I still really enjoy the hunt of building sets and now I like to build PSA sets, currently working on a set from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first name: Stoney
    What does your user ID mean?: ssdawg77, my initials,spin on my favorite football teams mascot and the corresponding #'s on telephone of my initials
    City & State where you reside?: Suwanee, Ga
    What do you enjoy collecting?: Currently collecting 52 Topps in PSA 7 or better and dabble with too many other sets that I will probably never finish
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your first name: Tim

What does your user ID mean? My dad bought me a Mets shirt with a #15 on the back when I was a kid growing up in Queens.

State where you reside? NY

What do you enjoy collecting? Unopened Topps & OPC baseball from 1969-1983. 1975 Topps mini baseball, as well as other sets from the 1970s.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Love the thread Marc!!

Your first name: Jeff

What does your user ID mean? the name of the card shop my family had when I was a kid

State where you reside? Indiana

What do you enjoy collecting? vintage (mostly post war) stars and rookies
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    Name - Ben

Age - 49

ID - Boston Americans was the original name of the Red Sox and I am a Sawx fan.

State - MA

Enjoy collecting - Topps BB an HK base sets 1966-present. Building a small autograph collection - mostly IP at local card shows. Pet project is a 1970 Boston Bruins Cup Pennant currently signed by 14 players and Harry Sinden. Need Orr and Cashman.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mintonlypls

My first name...Monte

Age...60

What does your user ID mean...I like high quality cards. Hence...mint only please

State...Ohio

My biggest bonehead mistake has been sending nine PSA-8 cards to be reviewed...and I mistakenly transposed the 2nd and 3rd digits of the PSA zip code. Unfortunately...this is a valid zip code, but to an APO in South Korea! Because it is a military post office in another country...I have had no success in getting the package back. I have contacted the Postmaster in my hometown as well as my congressman in attempts to get this package back with no luck...even receiving a response from the people at the APO in South Korea! I assume they would be US military personnel at the APO. It arrived at the APO (that was acknowledged in the tracking info)...and was immediately recognized that the package does not belong there and had been missent. I am assuming that any missent mail to an APO...just sits there in a big pile. I do recognize the possibility that if the package gets into the wrong hands...the cards could have a new owner. I have watched Ebay and most major auction houses for these cards to show up for sale based on their PSA serial number...and they haven't been sold.

If anyone has a suggestion or advice or information on retrieving the package or maybe more accurately getting the military to act...I would appreciate your help. In fact...to show my appreciation for information or suggestions leading to the package of 9 cards sent safely back to me and in my possession again, I would allow you to choose one card of your choice (except for the Nolan Ryan Rookie). Here are the lost cards...each PSA-8 before PSA implemented the 1/2 point grading system...hence why I was sending to be reviewed.

PM sent...if you use/check it.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    * Geordie
    * gettin' near to fitty
    * TNP = The Narrow Path. I'm a Christian, and it's the path I try to stay on. I suck at it, though. I like the number 7
    * The People's Republic of California
    * vintage Dodgers mostly. People think I have a man crush on Brett Butler, but I don't.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Your first name: chris
    What does your user ID mean? Although I love eBay for buying cards I can't stand the scammers and stupid CS workers when there's a problem
    State where you reside? The mitten
    What do you enjoy collecting? I sometimes buy / sell expensive cards but my Hart's in vintage low low grade because paying 100x for the same card is insane to me & 80's junk wax. To me conditions overrated. Even when I pulled a 89 UD Griffey from a wax pack at 9 I could not care less if it was mint or in crap condition.

Edit: I only spoke with miconelegacy a couple times threw Pm's but what a guy. Only seemed to think about others even though he was going threw hardships. I hope his children are okay and pray for other members that I have read with similar troubles. God bless
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dnice
    So I thought I would try and get some positive activity flowing once again on these boards because lets face it, its been very depressing around here. It's been like a ghost town and I feel like what use to make this place fun such as the comradery has been lost. I also want to see who actually is on here even though I am sure we have lots of lurkers - This would be a great time to introduce yourself.

This idea I got from miconelegacy. I am sure the vets remember him but Mike was a really great guy. Very selfless individual and was one of the first to welcome me back in the day when I first joined. Always tried to spin a positive outlook on things although he had also some serious hardships along the way. So with that said, lets make this place great again and find out about each other and get back to discussing cards and enjoying this great hobby.

Your first name:
    State where you reside?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Your first name: Marc

What does your user ID mean? DNice is a name of a 90's rapper. My friend picked it for me lol

State where you reside? Florida

What do you enjoy collecting? I like collecting Roger Maris cards in high grade an non graded Jose Canseco cards for my PC.

Nathan
    Grew up in the 80's and love those cards
    TN
    Kevin Durant, 1986 Fleer PSA set and spectra HOF auto set
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **