Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

new trick from an eBayseller in Israel

Bought a 10 pounds South Africa note from a seller in Tel Aviv .
He sends me a low ball note, and when I told him I was not happy imageisgust; , he suggested I send it back to a unconfirmed adress in the States, me paying for the shipping costs.
Sure, what an idiot, eBay will take care of him.

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Scam,plain and simple.Let's say it was an honest mistake-the seller would bend over backwards to make it right...not this run-around bull.I'm sure you already know that under these circumstances you need to follow eBay's rules about the return-not the sellers rules-to insure you get back your money.Funny,they never send you a "better" note by mistake.....wonder why........
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    did he send it with tracking to you?
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Ya sure I will pay for the shipping costs since you 100% misrepresented the item...

It don't work that way!
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do file a SNAD (significantly not as described) claim and he'll pay the return shipping to the proper address as ebay will send you a label.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad you cannot red flag this seller to prevent him from doing the same thing again.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    If it's the one for 265$ I'm very surprised. I did some business with him without problems.
    Looking for:

1. Any The Zanzibar Government note in any condition.
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    update: eBay told him to send me a label for the return shipment. Then they send me a message that seller could not follow up sending me that label ?
    I told seller to send me $20 in my PayPal account for the shipping. which he finally did.

Now its on his way to the seller in Israel , not the USA ofcause.

Greg, yes it was signed for and with tracking.

I asked him earlier for a total refund of indeed $ 265 Alex, plus shipping vice versa of $30 in total. which he refused.

SaorAlba, I will ***** up his 100% FB once this is settled.

This guy has tons of expensive notes listed on eBay, I dont understand his attitude towards me.
    If he had send me a refund, I would have send it to the USA as asked , or to any place he wanted.
    Now he will feel the consequences of this sale, negative feedback & the note shipped to the wrong place .

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    his description appears to be right based on the note he sent BUT he posted that pic which wasnt a good move:

Condition : * aVF *.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Andres

This guy has tons of expensive notes listed on eBay, I dont understand his attitude towards me.
    If he had send me a refund, I would have send it to the USA as asked , or to any place he wanted.
    Now he will feel the consequences of this sale, negative feedback & the note shipped to the wrong place .

This guy hit hard by a buyer in the past with SNAD. He sold few expensive Libyan notes to a guy in UK, and that crook filed a SNAD and claimed that he got copies. Ebay went with the buyer off course.
    Maybe this one can explain his attitude.
    Yes, he has some very good material, most of it overpriced.
    Looking for:

• Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    If you put a stock photo up and say you may receive a different serial number that is one thing but to post such a nice note and then say you will get an aVf note is not OK in my opinion.

• Options
    If I wanted to really hurt him, I could had claimed I never received it, I never signed for it .... it was in my mailbox when I got home.
    Its a completly different quality and serial number note then in the description, no mention about different serials to receive, would be a bit akward for such high value 70 year old note.
    If I buy an old note with pictures listed, I expect that note in my mailbox, maybe otherwise with modern stuff sold with a reference picture usually in UNC.
    although there is a $300 60 year old new Guines note in very fine condition which seller states , a different note with a different serial number can be expected. sure I'll buy a $300 note without knowing what to get.
  • Options
    he also hurts himself by not having more than one for sale in the same listing, thus making one feel that the note pictured is (in fact) the note being received

overall its a cr@ppy way to do business

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having found the auction and looked at his other stuff I would hope that was just a eff up, but something whispers otherwise. He seems to have a lot of very high end stuff, but I would avoid.,
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    wow, I looked at his notes and I couldn't tell a cheap note from an expensive one. I have no clue about foreign notes, but there sure are some beauties in his auctions. Hope you get it resolved quick.
  • Options
    resolved quick ? NOT , that lowball note is waiting at his local postoffice for 2 weeks now , but he is not in a hurry to pick it up.
    He knows what inside, a lowball ugly note worth $50 , if he can find a sucker for it. And he has to make a refund of $275 to me.
    Cant wait to give him a neg after his payment.
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    OMG, Andres. Good luck with this one.

Keep us posted on the results. I am very interested.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    Yes, I will Jim.

1* seller apparently doesn't understand that it is big disappointment for me, to receive an item I didn't order and dont want /need.
    2* I dont want to make a retourshipment ready , go to the postoffice and stand in line.
    3* I dont want to make a claim with eBay and wait for the return shipping costs from the seller
    4* I dont want to wait 3 months to get my money back
    5* I dont want to communicate through the eBay email system with ignorant sellers about their mistake.
    6* I dont want to ask the dutch postal service where my signed for / insured enveloppe with that lowball note is , it took 5 weeks to arrive in Israel !
    ( there is no Track&Trace to Israel)

I just want the item I bought and paid for , yeah I'm funny guy.

as numbersman said, sellers never send you a coin/banknote of higher quality / value by mistake.

Just received a coin from another eBayseller, completly different then the one in his listing , didn't have to sign for it, guess what I'm going to do this time image

• Options
    DanCongDanCong Posts: 196
    Complain to paypal, I'd try and have him suspended from paypal until resolved.
  • Options
    Got eBay customer service twice on the Phone today, and they were very helpfull , got my $275 back in my PayPalaccount.
    Now I have to fix the Feedback system to allow me to give Feedback for this transaction , its over 45 days old.

@Alex 1176 - Wait untill you order a nice banknote from isranumis.ltd and get another lowball note from him, then the headache starts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Andres

@Alex 1176 - Wait untill you order a nice banknote from isranumis.ltd and get another lowball note from him, then the headache starts.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, just it's something that surprised me as I know the guy and dealt with him before without issues.
    I'm not buying anything expensive now as I'm waiting for a Zanzibar note to appear...
    Looking for: