Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

For all you ticket collectors - it's modern but I was surprised at everything I'd seen

I keep all my tickets and stubs, always have for some reason. Pulled out all my Texans tickets today as I was looking for a couple specifically, but was surprised how many games I'd been to that had some sort of historical feat.

Some of these are obviously specific to Texans players, so they interest me, but I've also seen a number of NFL records set (which speaks more to our lack of defense than anything, but still kind of cool as I remember those games very well).

Here's a rundown, if I get to it I will post a few pictures. They're all season holder tickets, most are complete as they generally scanned them instead of tearing off the bottom stubs.

Sept 21, 2003
Chiefs 42
Texans 14
Andre Johnson's first 2 NFL TD catches

Dec 28, 2003
Colts 20
Texans 17
Mike Vanderjagt sets NFL record 41st consecutive FG

Dec 12, 2004
Colts 23
Texans 14
Manning goes for 13th consecutive multi-TD game

Nov 19, 2006
Bills 24
Texans 21
David Carr completed 22 consecutive passes (was NFL record at the time), Lee Evans had 265 and 2 TDs with a pair of 83 yard TD grabs (Bills franchise single game record for receiving yards)

Oct 21, 2007
Titans 38
Texans 36
Rob Bironas sets NFL record with 8 FGs in one game

Oct 19, 2008
Texans 28
Lions 21
Calvin Johnson had a 96 yard TD reception (1st time he did it, tied for longest of his career)

Sept 12, 2010
Texans 34
Colts 24
Manning went for 433 and 3 TDs, but Arian Foster set Texans single game rushing record with 231 yards and tied franchise single game record w/ 3 rushing TDs

Jan 7, 2012 Playoffs
Texans 31
Bengals 10
1st playoff win in franchise history, JJ Watt also scored his 1st NFL TD

Oct 14, 2012
Packers 42
Texans 24
Aaron Rodgers goes for 338 and 6 TDs, tying Packers franchise single game passing TD record

Nov 18, 2012
Texans 43
Jaguars 37
Andre Johnson had 14 for 273 and 1 TD, franchise single game record for receptions and receiving yards; Matt Schaub had 527 and 5 TDs, franchise single game record for yards (Fitzpatrick went for 6 TDs in 2014 for us, so this was franchise TD record at the time)

Dec 22, 2013
Broncos 37
Texans 13
Peyton Manning had 400 and 4 TDs, broke the NFL single season passing TD record

Sept 28, 2014
Texans 23
Bills 17
JJ Watt had 80 yard interception return for TD

I've seen some cool stuff. Saw Peyton Manning several times obviously (Harrison and Wayne, actually have the stub from Reggie Wayne's 1st NFL TD reception), saw Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Ladainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees, among countless others.

Good memories, one of these days I'll get through my Astros tickets. I know I have a few Biggio and Bagel tickets that were important, and also have the Sammy Sosa 66 HR game stub.

Comments

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    have some fun and check out my Favre sets.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's