Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submitting Sportscaster Cards

I want to submit a few 1977 sportscaster cards to PSA. I don't think they fit into Card Saver IVs. I have large top loaders that they fit in perfectly but PSA doesn't want those. How should these cards be submitted?

Comments

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I use toploaders to sub these, never had a problem. I also slip them in a sleeve before putting them in the toploader.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Awesome. Thanks.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I sub Sportscasters, I typically sub a lot at a time, usually in bricks of between 50 to 150. When doing so, I stack them, put the stack inside one of those full page sleeves for a 3-ring binder from the office supply store that is meant to put a full sheet of paper in, fold it over and scotch tape shut, put that inside a gallon ziploc bag, sandwich the stack safely and securely between two thick cuts of cardboard, and then put in the box w/ bubble wrap. It works surprisingly well and I've hit plenty of 10's on them, so I haven't been too worried about damaging during shipping this way, and PSA has never complained that they were not individually cased in a top loader or similar. A stack of that many top loaders would be relatively crazy to ship. When I only have a couple Sportscasters among an order of several other types of cards in a mixed Supersize/T3 holder submission, then I place them in top loaders instead of stacking together as described.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 Sportscasters to submit for grading. Can someone sell me 3 toploaders and sleeves?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."