Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

question about 1990 Donruss cards errors

I have a deck of 1990 Donruss baseball cards, and many of the cards have misprints where the borders on the front are completely screwed up, some of them even have the player's picture all the way on the edge of the card. Some also are miscut as well as misprinted. I have tried to search for information about this deck and the errors, but I can not find anything about major misprints and misfits. Do I have a rare set worth anything?

Comments

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Other than the initial set in 81 I have never collected the Donruss sets. The 1990 base set is not held in high regard so it is unlikely misprints from that set would be valuable.( See first link below) However, if your stack involves the 1990 Donruss Aqueous cards, that would be different ( see 2nd link)

Text

Text

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were quite a few errors that year. Mostly centered around the black line through name variety. There was also the glavine/smoltz error. It looks like you are describing miscut cards though.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

We found a 1990 Donruss Galvine/Smoltz error card and a reversed image for Juan Gonzales error card too. Worth anything?

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, folks. My emergency pager's batteries died.

Any chance you can post pictures?

Arthur

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

I have been keeping all those errors safe in the closet for 30 years. Maybe another 25 years or so they can be worth anything. I am only 75 so ya, I have that going for me.