Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

COIN FACTS REFUND

SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
Has anyone who had subscribed to the Coin Facts website on a long term basis (ie) quarterly, semi- annually, or annually and had time remaining on their PAID subscription as of February 1st, 2016 received a credit on their credit card?

I have written to customer service two times in the past six weeks and have neither received the courtesy of a response or received the credit. I am owed for six months of the annual fee which I paid for in late July, 2015.

Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many have received refunds as reported in a previous thread. I have not received a refund nor have several others and it makes you wonder how these are being processed. I renewed my annual CoinFacts subscription in August 2015.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No refund here. Paid up till July 15, 2016.
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have received no information either. My subscription was renewed in August 2015 as well. I remember somebody posting a rumor that only people who renewed this year would get the refund but I never saw confirmation of it.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My subscription ran out just as the change was made. Anyone wish to trade coin facts for fiction. image
  • Options
    Tell ya what I'd do if I had 6 months remaining , unreimbursed….

I would skip using the service for a year. image. (sorry friend, am just making lemonade out of lemons in my mind)
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received a refund. I think that originally the rule was 90 days. I was a little past that, I think< and still got a partial refund. to be honest, i never even checked the math on pro-rating, i was just happy and appreciated receiving something. and="" still="" got="" a="" partial="" refund.="" to="" be="" _honest2c_="" i="" never="" even="" checked="" the="" math="" _pro-rating2c_="" was="" just="" happy="" appreciated="" receiving="" />

Tom

• Options
    Steve and other members,

Each of you, that states you did not receive a refund, will be contacted by email before the end of today to go over your account and any CoinFacts refund/credit on account that is or was due to you.

I apologize if any of you feel we have not properly communicated this process to you, it was a very large undertaking and was a first of it's kind for PCGS.

Our end goal was to provide the entire Numismatic community with the largest information based U.S. coin site on the internet, we feel we have done this and we are now able to bring it to you free of charge. With large projects like this we are never completely sure of what hiccups we will experience until we go through the entire process.

Should any of you have any further questions after you are contacted today, feel free to reach out to me directly at dtalk@collectors.com

David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never subscribe to anything like the beyond monthly rate. Things can change on a dime. Glad its free now, its a really smart move by PCGS. The PCGS inventory manager is fantastic too. I have synced it with my inventory and excel spreadsheet so it can be input as one line in main inventory list with download saved for backup. I love the way pop data is displayed along with value updates in the PCGS inventory manager. One can click on the PCGS number in the inventory manager and go straight to Coin Facts data. One of my reasons PCGS my TPG of choice.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PCGSCSManager

Steve and other members,

Each of you, that states you did not receive a refund, will be contacted by email before the end of today to go over your account and any CoinFacts refund/credit on account that is or was due to you.

I apologize if any of you feel we have not properly communicated this process to you, it was a very large undertaking and was a first of it's kind for PCGS.

Our end goal was to provide the entire Numismatic community with the largest information based U.S. coin site on the internet, we feel we have done this and we are now able to bring it to you free of charge. With large projects like this we are never completely sure of what hiccups we will experience until we go through the entire process.

Should any of you have any further questions after you are contacted today, feel free to reach out to me directly at dtalk@collectors.com

Please add me to the list to be looked at.

Thank you

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me, as well. I'm paid through 9/3/2016.

Thanks again so very much for making this service free for everyone, BTW. I've not had a problem being patient about the refund.
  • Options
    Bochiman and dpoole, will do!
    David Talk
  • Options
    So much for not using coin facts. image You guys are too good.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got updated already! You guys are on the ball.

Thank you and I am very happy/fine with how it was all handled.

Best regards

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Originally posted by: Bochiman

Got updated already! You guys are on the ball.

Thank you and I am very happy/fine with how it was all handled.

Best regards

Me too. Quick and positive result.

Thank You!

• Options
    superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭
    Hi, add me to the list. I evidently signed up on 12/12/15 for the year

Dave
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    I'm all taken of. Thank you PCGS!
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TPRC
    I received a refund. I think that originally the rule was 90 days. I was a little past that, I think< and="" still="" got="" a="" partial="" refund.="" to="" be="" _honest2c_="" i="" never="" even="" checked="" the="" math="" _pro-rating2c_="" was="" just="" happy="" appreciated="" receiving="" something.="" _honest2c_="" _pro-rating2c_="" />

There is no such thing as 90 day rule... . if you paid for something that is now free and you are in effect charged /without refund .. that is what is called fraud.. Rather surprised PCGS left themselves so open.. so long image
  • Options
    Originally posted by: FadeToBlack
    Originally posted by: bestdayThere is no such thing as 90 day rule... . if you paid for something that is now free and you are in effect charged /without refund .. that is what is called fraud.. Rather surprised PCGS left themselves so open.. so long image

I'm pretty sure that isn't the case, as long as you're still receiving the service you paid for (regardless of if others are paying for it or not), there is no fraud. It's when they take your money, then remove access to the service that would be fraud.

IANAL of course, so I could be wrong.

Effectively removing any cost.. is just what it is ..while charging some and not others.. Lucky for PCGS...... forum members are a quiet lot.. CC would have removed the charge immediately, if contacted... they know what is /was illegal... in answer to question
  • Options
    Got lemon, bestday ?
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My refund got processed today (it would have happened yesterday except for the spam filter on my email). IMO, PCGS handled this well. I was pleased to sign up for CoinFacts and get to use it at the introductory rate for the last few years. I'm incredibly pleased to have the service for free now. Thank you PCGS!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin
    Got lemon, bestday ?

sorry ....Only The truth ..TwoSides
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bestday - I really hope you are a better coin collector than a lawyer.

Unless you discriminate against a protected class, there is absolutely nothing in law that prevents charging different prices (even $0) for the same good.

The credit card company would have asked if you received the good/service you bought (which the answer is yes) and refused the chargeback.

Please consider switching to decaf...
    -----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    This issue was all about those members who PREPAID for a year of CoinFacts, NOT about those members who paid each month for the service. The members who prepaid should be entitled to a credit for those months after February 1st, 2016 for which they had prepaid and for which EVERYONE was receiving CoinFacts for free. The LEGAL issue about whether or not the people who prepaid are legally entitled to a credit is NOT the issue to me. The issue to me is if I support a company by buying and using their products, I EXPECT that company to support me by NOT taking my money just because I had paid in advance. That, to me, is MORALLY wrong. Fortunately, PCGS has done the right thing and I am happy with the result. Steveimage
  • Options
    Good Afternoon All,

Each of you that were asking about the CoinFacts refunds have now been contacted. Please check your Forum inbox and your email for the information. If you do not see it, please email David Talk dtalk@collectors.com so we can get it to you asap.

Thanks
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know for sure if I received a refund or not, but I'm pretty sure I should have. I don't remember seeing a refund posted, but I could have missed it. I guess I could go back through several months of statements to find out.

It's nice that everyone who responded here has been taken care of, but shouldn't all of the customers be treated the same way?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: bestday
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin
    Got lemon, bestday ?

sorry ....Only The truth ..TwoSides

It's all good , friend.
    What's known, as the truth here is : CoinFacts ™ is now accessible by all. image

Now let's talk about why coin dealers drink. image Because smoebody turned water into wine, or because an entity did what is right for it's customers ? (Grading/ authenticating/verifying and often times ADDing value ) Not always, but a relatively good record of that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BryceM
    I don't know for sure if I received a refund or not, but I'm pretty sure I should have. I don't remember seeing a refund posted, but I could have missed it. I guess I could go back through several months of statements to find out.

It's nice that everyone who responded here has been taken care of, but shouldn't all of the customers be treated the same way?

BryceM,

Depending on the date of renewal, every annual CoinFacts subscriber received either a refund to the original form of payment or a credit on their PCGS account.

I will have a Customer Service Representative review your account and contact you before the end of today.

David Talk
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BStrauss3
    Bestday - I really hope you are a better coin collector than a lawyer.

Unless you discriminate against a protected class, there is absolutely nothing in law that prevents charging different prices (even $0) for the same good.

The credit card company would have asked if you received the good/service you bought (which the answer is yes) and refused the chargeback.

Please consider switching to decaf...

Youall missed the point.. PCGS has offered/.Promised to give refunds....a CC company would have settled any outstanding paid amounts long ago ....Can't drink coffee .. just the facts.. LOL .. Paid vs free ?? airline Club ?? Amex CC settled on the spot crediting charged amounts .....immediately!!!....

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have a Customer Service Representative review your account and contact you before the end of today.

Sweet! Thanks.
  • Options
    zas107zas107 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting here. Renewed in December. image
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I have not received a refund. When the email blast was sent out to call customer service. I did so and they stated it would be automatic.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    I have called three times now and still no refund.

I would be happy to use my credit towards a collectors club membership but I was told no. I want to give pcgs my money, or in this case keep it, but again I was told no.
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
  • Options
    I received a $66 refund check in April. There was an e-mail address for a PCGS rep in a thread here and that got things expedited.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

**See Below** The e-mail to David Talk worked for me. Thanks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: PCGSCS2

Good Afternoon All,

Each of you that were asking about the CoinFacts refunds have now been contacted. Please check your Forum inbox and your email for the information. If you do not see it, please email David Talk dtalk@collectors.com so we can get it to you asap.

Thanks

Since I started this thread and was successful in receiving my refund, I suggest any former subscriber to Coin Facts who paid for a subscription beyond February 1, 2016 to email David Talk at dtalk@collectors.com and provide him with your DETAIL information. You should receive a check for your refund within a month. Steveimage

• Options
    jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    Email sent - thanks Steve!
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file