Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

So where the heck are they?

I count about 220 Jeffersons that have achieved the elusive PR70DCAM grade. Amongst current Registry Sets...I can account for less than 80 of these. I never see any offered on Teletrade or Ebay...and only rarely by R&I....so where are they? With the big bucks that the 70DCAMs command, why don't any of these coins come to market?

Sure, there are plenty of great sets that aren't in the Registry, but some of these coins should come around sooner or later. In any given week, you can find 3 or 4 (or more) Kennedys, SBA 1$, or other denominations in 70DCAM on Ebay...but I never see a Jefferson. ANy thoughts? Or, can anyone direct me to another source?

I did not go through the Type Sets to see how many 70DCAMs are registered there, so you can add a few to the <80 I counted in the Jefferson set, but still well below half of them in the Registry.
Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I have been looking for PR70DCAM cents for awhile, I have only seen 1 on E-bay. I know they are out there somewhere also... But where I don't know..
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The answere is easy, we bears bury them in the forest ,inside of empty pickle jars.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    220 is not very many. It looks like I have 3 so I have over %1 of them image I doubt many are in dealer's inventory, if so we would hear about them wouldn't we? High Desert must have one in his type set and he doesn't have a proof Jeff set.

Does anybody know how long it takes PCGS to adjust numbers when a coin has been downgraded? PR 70s can never be inflated by resubmissions can they? I mean once you have a 70 that is it!