Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

APMEX Fake

I reported this one previously, Ebay didn't pull it, and it has been relisted several times, with some unfortunate trusting soul about to make a mistake. I'll report it again and urge others to do the same.

copy

Link to report.
Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Comments

• Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Reported it. You would think they would know what they are doing... I guess if it is not metal, they don't...

• Options
    vonbraunvonbraun Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Love their prices , lol . Kinda like a rag from litteton that's priced way over UNC .
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least Littleton's notes are genuine.

It looks like Ebay would rather let a fake sell than offend a big seller by pulling it.

When Apmex and Ebay sell fakes, it hurts all of us who sell on Ebay. After 20+ years Ebay has yet to control this problem properly.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your inquiry. Regarding your question about authenticity, APMEX employees verify the authenticity of everything that we purchase and sell. You can rest assured that any item you purchased from APMEX has been closely inspected by us and is guaranteed to be genuine. I hope this information helps with your inquiry.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thank you and have a great day!

APMEX Bullion Center on eBay Customer Service