Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

$20 1934C new/old back COPs

Are any $20 1934C new and old back COPs reported?
Jamie Yakes - U.S. paper money collector, researcher, and author. | Join the SPMCUS Small-Size Notes, National Bank Notes, and NJ Depression Scrip

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    That would be sweet! I'll take a star COP on Atlanta please image

...if it was only that easy.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nothing new I am aware of.
  • Options
    SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    I always thought the old/new back transition is a hard break ruling out the possibility of changeover pairs.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SmallSizedGuy

I always thought the old/new back transition is a hard break ruling out the possibility of changeover pairs.

S/L shows over laps, but the problem with that is that there have been bad reports more than once.

One more thing to do goes on the bucket list. At some point I will go through notes on HA, and see if overlaps acually do exist.

I was also under the impression that there was a hard break.

• Options
    JamericonJamericon Posts: 437 ✭✭✭
    Old and new backs were logged to the pressroom concurrently for 18 days in July and August 1948. The plate ledgers don't show that both backs shared the same presses, though.

Whether there was a hard break between types depends on how important the Treasury considered the change. This was just an aesthetic design change, yet one that reflected the tastes of then-President Truman.

S&L only shows serial number overlaps for a few districts. Maybe they were errant reports, or maybe there was some side-by-side numbering of both types. That's to be determined.
    Jamie Yakes - U.S. paper money collector, researcher, and author. | Join the SPMCUS Small-Size Notes, National Bank Notes, and NJ Depression Scrip
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

They only add up to a Twenty, but I still like them