Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

HOWIE MORENZ ROOKIES AND ITEMS WANTED

HOWIE MORENZ ROOKIES AND ITEMS WANTED

NO ITG OR JUNK

Comments

• Options
    IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    I can sure understand why you would only want to collect Howie Morenz cards from his career. However, I just want to say I do not consider ITG cards as junk. Until they lost their license with the NHL players association after their 2004-05 Ultimate Memorabilia release, they had a five-year run of creating the most exquisite, artistically crafted memorabilia cards ever done of the NHL greats. Innovative, with loads of variety and great themes, combined with their manufactured rarity, they offered something regal and beautiful to the NHL fan of the past. ITG's integrity of using actual game-play relics from the given players was without question. I absolutely love them, as they give me a connection, albeit small, to the actual player and his explosive game play from the past. They were ingenious.

In fact, they were so good, I believe Upper Deck was insanely jealous of them, and worked to "shut them down" by getting the NHL to grant Upper Deck an exclusive license to display team logos, which mortally hurt ITG. They kept going for another 9 years, but without the emblems, In The Game was at a significant disadvantage. UD jolly well knew ITG could not hope to capture their former eye-appealing, extraordinary creations.

I know ITG did cards of Mr. Morenz. I sincerely am sorry you do not have a vision for their exemplary game-used eye candy. You are very much not alone; I am very much in the minority. That's fine---less competition for these scarce cards for me!

I want to end on a positive note. I do not have any period cards of Mr. Morenz, but I sincerely wish you the very best in pursuing them. A great Flying Frenchman!!!

---Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)