Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

Where are they ???

According to PCGS there are 2 1957 FR-1619 PCGS graded 68 B-B blocks, and 2 1957 FR-1619 PCGS graded 68 *D Blocks.

If anyone knows where they are, Please contact me directly by e-mail

Woody3882@aol.com

Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Woody
Dana Wood

Woody3882@aol.com

2015 Certificate Award Winner 2016 Certificate Award Winner

Comments

• larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Who knows. I have never seen any trace of them. Those would bring some mad action if they ever came up. I'd be a strong bidder as well.
  • TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    never seen them or heard of anyone that has.

I think that half of the forum would be active bidders...

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    With such high grade notes, so few known, and on a fairly popular series, I would guarantee that they are locked up in high end collections.

Sooner or later, they will sell, but probably will not see the light of day for quite awhile.
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Can't help; my BB is a 67EPQ and my *D is a 66PPQ. One can dream...
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    delistamps - would upgrading to 68s, with potentially no visual difference, really matter to you? I'm not saying this in jest, I'm really curious. 63 to 68, okay, but 67 to 68 seems almost indistinguishable to me.

Thanks for humoring me.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: rbethea
    delistamps - would upgrading to 68s, with potentially no visual difference, really matter to you? I'm not saying this in jest, I'm really curious. 63 to 68, okay, but 67 to 68 seems almost indistinguishable to me.

Thanks for humoring me.

It is not a priority for me. That said, I have 1957 A, B, and C stars in 68 so a D star in the same grade would make a wonderful set. A's and B's are available in 69 so the 68's were not that expensive. It's different with the D stars.

Recently I was putting together a block set of the 1934 $1 SC, Fr. 1606. I actually sent a dealer a 66 for in exchange for a 65 and some bucks because I thought it would be cool to have a matching set of AA through GA blocks all in 65EPQ.

Woody is either looking to upgrade his registry set or help someone else with theirs. I do understand the drive to obtain top pop notes. I like the few that I own but don't often spend the premium for that level.
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: rbethea

Thanks for humoring me.

Sometimes I don't see any difference between a 67 and a 69 even. I think the 67-69 grades have very little difference sometimes and maybe it also depends on when they were graded. A 69 ten or eleven years ago may be the equivalent of a 67 or 68 today.

• rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thought process!!
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx