Home Sports Talk
Options

Going to see the Warriors tonight.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
Courtside seats, courtesy of a client. Going with my son. Hopefully Oracle will be rocking and the Warriors play great.

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piccies or it didn't happen image
  • Options
    Jazzercise.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game was a blast. Seats about 10 feet from the end of the Warrior's bench. Utah played well and kept the game close until just before half time. Curry hit a 3 point shot from behind half court at the buzzer to end the first half. Amazing.

The Warriors pulled away in the second half and won easily. Curry scored only 12 points but all players who got minutes produced. The team did not make an effort to go after offensive rebounds on three point shots and made some sloppy turnovers. That I s the only negative I saw. Their ball movement was tremendous, with multiple passes made quickly to find open shots. They played hard nosed in your face defense. In the second half they choose to attack the basket and this was very effective resulting in layups or kick outs to open perimeter shooters. Barbosa and Livingston are amazing on how well they can attack the basket. Curry and Thompson have an unbelievablyquick release on their jumpers. A defender can not react in time to contest their shots (though Rudy Gobert did actually get a finger on a Curry three point shot). Iggy drove to the baseline and pulled up for a high arcing jumper that swished through the net. His acceleration, quick stop, levitation and high arcing shot was textbook, flawless, powerful and a thing of beauty. His defender had absolutely no ability to stop him.

All of the Warrior players were animated on the floor and the bench. They all have amazing skills they compliment each other. As a result the team has incredible depth. This deep roster is what makes the team so good.

I can also see why the team does not lose at home. The crowd at Oracle is crazy nuts. A Utah player steamrolled Curry on what should have been an offensive foul. Curry gets called for a blocking foul. He got mad, complained and was called for a technical foul. The crowd went bonkers. Next thing you know the entire crowd started shouting in unison "Ref, you suck" over and over. I was laughing at that and joined in. The Ref looked chagrined. The next possession the Ref made a bad call on Utah to make up for his bad call on Curry.

The Oracle crowd is diverse beyond diverse and everyone has a great time. Everyone is smiling and engaging with each other. I have never seen rowdy fans becoming a problem at Warrior games.

So the above is my game report. It would not surprise me to see the Warriors not lose at home this year. They have a great chance to exceed 72-10. They also have a great chance to repeat as Champs this year.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great report Sanction.

The fun and excitement really come through.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress