Home Metal Detecting

My All Metal Detectinf Found Indian Head Penny Collection

Hello everyone I wanted to show you all of the Indian pennies I found while metal detecting since day one. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/9wx3wXpHc60

Comments

• There's a metal detecting forum. I thought that you were leaving the boards?
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool to have that much of a collection from the ground, sweet!

• COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jolteon,

Great videos. I want to give you a serious tip. You seem like a young collector and I am a young dealer. It's awesome how excited you are about this hobby. Trust me I do 50 shows a year and don't see many people as excited as you. But dude lay off the videos. If you want people to enjoy your posts and your coins just take pictures of them. Some people don't feel comfortable using a youtube Link. And it's also hard to look at coins via a video. I enjoy your posts and trust me alot more people would look and comment about your coins if you would quit the videos and try to consolidate your posts a little
    New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long did it take to find enough coins to fill that album? What part of the country were you looking in?
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Hard to believe.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could one of you vibrant young techie YN type geeks post some screen shots for me ?
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless those coins have been chemically processed, the color is unlike any Indian cent I've ever dug. I would also expect you to have a huge pile of duplicates in order to dig that many different dates.
  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a dirt fisherman and been a dirt fisherman since the '70's.

Hard to believe? For me,impossible to believe that those polished imagepieces in the collection were found by one dirt-fishing individual.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mariner67
    Hard to believe.

The title was all I needed to see (red flag). I highly recommend no one click these YouTube links until we figure out what's really going on.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J, stop the videos already. Or take a class at the community college on how to produce a video. Watching your videos is worse than riding a roller coaster. Just a heads up! I would like to see the key coins of your set but pics please....

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Hydrant
    We're being "punked." Don't take it seriously. It's a joke. Laugh and be happy!

If that is true, then so many things make sense!!

I actually sent this "kid" a private message offering to help him learn the protocols here. There was no response.

While he cries , "Nobody likes me!!" He won't do anything to help with that. Maybe it is a scam.

My solution is to stop reading his threads. They are too annoying.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a couple of proof coins I found in the dead sea. I was snorkeling there and found these beauties....

I'm working on my u tube video now. Great luster on these, like the salt water had no effect on the coins at all.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
    I tried to stand up for him thinking maybe he's young doesn't know any better and would learn but now I can clearly see that's not the case. The videos keep coming and nothing has changed. Makes me feel bad for trying to stand up for a young collector because there is something more to this I think this is a scammer
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adrian or Blay having some fun.

I'm going with that.
    Have a nice day
  • Wow ok want to know what. I am young I go to catholic school. And I am called a scammer. Look I know I am a little young for this hobby but I am posting videos not to be a scammer but because I enjoy it. For all the people who understand and respect that thank you. For the people who don't enjoy it stay off my threads. Don't ruin it for people who do enjoy it. You can be mature adults I hope. A mature adult would not make everyone believe in their own opinion on an issue. For the people who do that it is just descrasville.
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

With that batch of junk for coins, why would he make it up? I would not pay 5 bucks for the whole lot. I believe he dug them, or they were at least dug by someone. You are not going to be buying those nasty coins from a shop or collector!
  • It hurts it really does you should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I said that with Peace and Love.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Wabbit2313

I said that with Peace and Love.

• gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent my youth in parochial school and let me tell you, grammar and vocabulary are the two biggest subjects. I'm not seein' it here.
  • I did not read that post before I posted that thank you wabbit 2313 it means a lot
    Jolteon, people have no problem with you being here if you would just listen to people's ideas about how to make people warm up to you and videos aren't the answer if you don't want your feelings hurt just take a few pieces of advice. Just like you said your a young collector and I'm a young dealer you have to go with the ways that have been accepted for years and slowly change things around over a long period of time
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: crazyhounddog

Here's a couple of proof coins I found in the dead sea. I was snorkeling there and found these beauties....

I'm working on my u tube video now. Great luster on these, like the salt water had no effect on the coins at all.

C'mon, Joe...everyone knows you can't snorkel in the Dead Sea. So much salt in the water you float too much.

Lance.
  • KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: AUandAG

J, stop the videos already. Or take a class at the community college on how to produce a video. Watching your videos is worse than riding a roller coaster. Just a heads up! I would like to see the key coins of your set but pics please....

bobimage

The videos being posted are all monetized.

I could be wrong but it seems like Jolteon is reluctant to get rid of the videos because they create ad revenue. More people looking at the video(s) increases the chance someone will click on one of the ads.
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to make money on youtube by joining forum groups and creating traffic

I wonder at what point the moderator will consider all of the posts "spamming."

If the guy really is here to learn, why does he avoid everyone's suggestion to take pics of the coins and not post all the continuous youtube links? It has been pointed out to him on numerous occasions that the videos are useless when it comes to offering advice about the coins yet he continues to post them, repeatedly.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Typical types of coin-related posts on the US Coin forum:
    A. Specific question to which someone is seeking input/advice from the expert collectors that frequent to forums. Post will contain intelligent question, usually accompanied by photographs.
    B. Sharing of new discoveries, research or similar information. Usually accompanied by illustrations or photographs.
    C. Showing off purchases, finds or grading results. Mostly accompanied by photographs.
    D. Sharing of some sort of news--be it a robbery, new mint product, auction results, show etc.
    E. Coin-related humor (look up some of Bear's (RIP) posts).
    F. Ebay and Postal Service gripes and woes
    G. Fake coins on Ebay.

Here are the PCGS forum rules. Note that per Rule 8, the desire is for educational posts.
    Rule 1) This is not a public forum. This is a PCGS forum paid for by PCGS and provided for PCGS customers to exchange information regarding collecting US coins. We make the rules this is not a democracy.
    Rule 2) Anyone posting crude or vulgar pictures or language will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.
    Rule 3) Anyone attacking another poster or making disparaging personal remarks will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.
    Rule 4) Anyone making libelous remarks concerning any individual, any company, or any other entity will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.
    Rule 5) If you have nothing to contribute to an OP then do not post. Snide remarks and other negative comments will result in your losing your ability to post. No more warnings.
    Rule 6) This forum is about US Coins. If your post is not directly related to US Coins then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.
    Rule 7) This is a PCGS forum. Posts promoting or bashing other grading companies or services are not allowed. Those posts will be removed and your posting privileges may be removed as well.
    Rule 8) This forum is provided for the education and sharing of information. Not as a personal soapbox. If you want to learn and share information about US Coins you are welcome.
    Rule 9) Your signature may contain multiple images and/or links but must be limited to a single line. If you would like additional advertising space on this site please contact our Advertising Department. Violators will have their posting privileges removed.
    Rule 10) If you don't like any of the rules outlined above see Rule 1.
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    Jolteon - Posting images would be a better way to start a thread. The demographics of this forum are most likely uncomfortable clicking on a hyperlink. But with that said I have to admit I'm impressed that you have nearly completed a date set of Indian cents. That's cool.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Not all those coins were dug... Indians get real beat up in the ground..
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Kyle

Originally posted by: AUandAG

bobimage

The videos being posted are all monetized.

I could be wrong but it seems like Jolteon is reluctant to get rid of the videos because they create ad revenue. More people looking at the video(s) increases the chance someone will click on one of the ads.

Bingo.

Sometimes, new people are earnest in how they go about things and learn how to adapt.

Other times, "new people" aren't so new at all...they know how to twist people to get what they want. People come to their defense because they are "new" or "young" or "old" or what have you, but in reality, they know what they are doing and when it is brought to light, they toss in excuses and throw in things that would make people protect them more.

Everyone can defend this person all they want....to me, it just makes the defender look like a sap. I don't care if the person goes or stays. Their threads are all about them and their videos. Not about collecting. Not about the coins. If it were any different, then someone smart enough to create videos and post on youtube, and link here, would be open and smart enough to post a few pictures and be more interactive.

Just my thinking....all of you that want to believe in the tooth fairy are more than welcome to and can enjoy the further fairy tales.

I'll stay with my enjoyment of real posters and real collections

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep looking for the little plastic Littleton baggies. Must be just outside the frame of the video.

peacockcoins

• TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Original post seems like a misrepresentation and a ploy to just increase hits on YouTube. Yes, those are low grade Indian Head Cents, but there's no way they came out of the ground.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
    He's probably 38 years old, has a sense of humor, does somewhat passable voice impersonations, and lives in his mother's basement. An entertainer! It was funny in the beginning. But now? Not so much. That's the main problem all comedians face. How do you keep 'em laughing without getting bored at the same joke told fifty gazillion different ways?

I'm waiting for his picteals video.
    Originally posted by: derryb
    How to make money on youtube by joining forum groups and creating traffic

I wonder at what point the moderator will consider all of the posts "spamming."

If the guy really is here to learn, why does he avoid everyone's suggestion to take pics of the coins and not post all the continuous youtube links? It has been pointed out to him on numerous occasions that the videos are useless when it comes to offering advice about the coins yet he continues to post them, repeatedly.

Plus, Jolteon has never attempted to join in the discussion for anyone else's threads. He just comes on here to post his videos for YouTube hits. He's using this board to serve his own benefit without having any intent to participate in this board.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody went viral without a little drama. Just ask Mr. Sperber.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call bull****.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Ok you know what. I like making videos. Ok. I monteize them not to make money but just because if I make the videos my as well. You all just make me sick. And if I was a scammer so called then why would I do it in this market. Hey everyone where does a scammer scam? Coin forums are not my first guess. The world is full of mean cruel people and I guess some of you are just part of that category. For now on I will start posting pictures along with my videos. Ok you all don't have to be just jerks about it though.
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TigersFan2

He's probably 38 years old, has a sense of humor, does somewhat passable voice impersonations, and lives in his mother's basement. An entertainer! It was funny in the beginning. But now? Not so much. That's the main problem all comedians face. How do you keep 'em laughing without getting bored at the same joke told fifty gazillion different ways?

Lol
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TigersFan2

Lol
  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool.

Thank you for including the still photos in the second half of the video.
    It looks like most people did not have the patience to watch that far?
    Two words:
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unreal.
  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to help with some basic video shooting tips as a retired professional videographer but it hasn't helped in the least.

For the people who don't enjoy it stay off my threads. Don't ruin it for people who do enjoy it. You can be mature adults I hope. A mature adult would not make everyone believe in their own opinion on an issue. For the people who do that it is just descrasville.

Be advised that you don't own these threads or the posts you make.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein