Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1952 Bowman Small Football Autograph Project

Been working on this set for around 3-4 years via TTM, auctions, private sales, etc. Thought it would be easier than the large originally, but not really.

Great 144 card vintage set with beautiful artwork, classic team logos, and 35 HOFers including a few key RCs. I still have some real toughies to track down, but this project will always be one of my favorites.

Maybe I'll do the large one day if I can ever finish this one. Steve Owen, Wayne Millner, or George Halas would likely make me smile for a week, but I think the #1 Van Brocklin will be my fav.

Complete 1952 Album

Comments

• Options
    Wow, this is the greatest thing I've seen on CU in a really long time! Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    that Paul Brown is real nice

good luck with the set
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Great cards - thanks for sharing! I especially love the Hirsch, Fears and Paul Brown. I'm around 33% complete with the set; however I haven't put a lot of effort into it. I have a Wayne Millner Small that will be included in my next submission that will be for sale. Shoot me a list of the cards that you still need from the set. I'll see if I can help you with any.

Thanks,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Greg
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I have a Millner at PSA right now - will keep you posted.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭
    That is REALLY cool. I do love the look and feel of this classic set -- the poses and team logos are beautiful!

Thanks for giving me another thing to collect. image
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    Isnt there a Charlie Choo Choo Justice in that set? Being from NC and being a huge Heel fan id love to see a copy of that auto'd card if you have one!
  • Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a Justice in the set, but I don't have one. I believe one sold on ebay last year, but I didn't grab it.
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    Mad props to you Spanky because I just don't have the patience to do a set like that! Awesome job and good luck!
    Hopefully another Choo Choo shows up for you soon