Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

All New, Integrated StacksBowers.com and iOS Mobile and Tablet Applications

Dear forum members,

Stack’s Bowers Galleries is pleased to announce that we have just launched our entirely new, integrated technology platform including website and iOS mobile and tablet apps.

You can visit the new website here: www.StacksBowers.com. Or download the apps to your iPhone or iPad here: App Store.

Here are some features that are sure to enhance your auction experience:

- New iBid Live technology: An enhanced live online bidding experience allows you to bid from anywhere in the world, in real time, and stream live audio and video from your computer or mobile device.

- View past sales results: Redesigned auction archives feature improved keyword as well as structured search functionality. Today the archives consist of 200,000 past prices realized and over the next coming months we will continue to add to our auction archive, eventually including past Bowers and Merena, Stack’s, American Numismatic Rarities and Teletrade auction records.

- New proxy bid functionality, enabled 24 hours prior to the auction session: Proxy bidding allows you to enter bids that will be executed live when that auction lot crosses the block.

- Customizable search features using various filters: Increased keyword and structured search functionality helps you find the items you are interested in quickly and easily, including denomination, type, country, grade, grading service, reserve status, etc.

- Past orders and consignor statements: Access your past auction orders and consignor statements since January 1, 2014. Any prior order or consignor statements are available upon request.

I encourage you to check out both the new site and apps and I welcome any feedback you have. You can contact me directly at Feedback@StacksBowers.com.

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I will check it out. Definitely sounds like much welcomed improvements!

• Options
    Sounds like some really great improvements.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    BernyBerny Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    I have not tried the iBid capabilities.

I spent about an hour going through the upcoming March auction and found the following:

Why can’t I sign in anymore? Hard to track or bid without signing in.

On mixed lots, the descriptions are extremely terse. That is, for a national lot, there is no information except: “Lot of 3 Mixed National $20 Banknotes.” No charter or state is specified. The image only reveals the charter for the top note. These notes will not show up in typical searches.

I can find pdf files for past auctions but not for current auctions.

The "next page" button should also be at the bottom of the page so that you don’t have to scroll all the way back up.

How about a title search only.

I am avidly waiting for the auction archives to be returned, especially with high resolution images.

Bernie
    Always looking for material from the Niagara river region.

• Options
    Hi Bernie,

Your sign in is now your email on file. Your password did not change. If you are having trouble PM or email me your email address and I will send you your credentials. To track a lot, just click the star and it will be added to your watched lots.

The pager bar stays nested at the top of the page. No need to scroll back up, just look at the top of the page and click "next" or "previous".

Much of the archives have been redone. Please check them out under "Past Auctions". More past auction data will be added in coming months, but currently you can view all the sales back to 2010.

Thanks for the feedback.

Brian
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Berny
    I have not tried the iBid capabilities.
    I spent about an hour going through the upcoming March auction and found the following:

Why can’t I sign in anymore? Hard to track or bid without signing in.

+1
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Brian,

I respectfully submit there is a miscommunication. My password does not work and I went through the Password request which you then responded that my User ID is my email.

That does not answer the question of password recovery.

Originally posted by: StacksBowersGalleries
    Hi Bernie,

Your sign in is now your email on file. Your password did not change. If you are having trouble PM or email me your email address and I will send you your credentials. To track a lot, just click the star and it will be added to your watched lots.

The pager bar stays nested at the top of the page. No need to scroll back up, just look at the top of the page and click "next" or "previous".

Much of the archives have been redone. Please check them out under "Past Auctions". More past auction data will be added in coming months, but currently you can view all the sales back to 2010.

Thanks for the feedback.

Brian

• Options
    SlasherSlasher Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    I got the email an hour ago, reset my password and registered for the Baltimore auction...........no problem.
    To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!!!
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Is there an android version of this app? I detest I-whatevers.

Matt
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These much needed upgrades are appreciated.

I'd like to offer two user critisms:

1) On the home page, don't display the March 6 and March 7 dates (dates bidding opens?). Just show the date of the sale session. The two dates are somewhat confusing.

2) I don't like the thumbnails that only show the central portion of the note. I collect obsoletes and would prefer thumbs showing the whole note, at least for these.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Logged on, no problems.

Yes, I would like to see an Android App.

As you may be aware, Android users outnumber those using iOS.
  • Options
    Flash and Gnat,

An Android app is one of the next features on our list. I'm not sure of the exact timing quite yet, but it will be in the near term.

Sellitstore,

Both of your "criticisms" are on our list to fix. I agree with you on both accounts.

Thanks for your feedback!

Brian
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I used my email and logged in with old password, no problem.

Other than that, I still haven't gone through it all yet...
  • Options
    gdavis70gdavis70 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    I had it send me an email to reset my password and it hasn't shown up yet.... about 15 hours later.

I will try again